Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NO COMPROMISE

Hellcat At Msrp

33 posts in this topic

A friend is moving and needs a car for transportation to work so I offered him a deal he could not refuse on my BMW 745i.

I decided after looking at several options I would look into getting a Hellcat Challenger. I spent the better part of 4 days contacting various dealers and most wanted a premium of from $ 3000 to $ 20000 over MSRP for a car in transit or even to place myself on a "list"

One dealer told me MSRP but then told me others were bidding over MSRP for the car and I would have to match their offer. Hmmmmmm..... not gonna happen.

So I am glad to say I found an honest dealer who will order the car exactly as I want for MSRP. He can get my order for a Hellcat Charger in March or April or Hellcat Challenger in July. 

I told him I prefer to wait the extra time for the Challenger.

Good to see there are still some honest dealers as so many wanted me to feel lucky to get a car at a premium over MSRP. 

With a plane ticket and gas to drive home for the out of state dealer I guess I paid $ 500 more than MSRP but for $ 500 glad I was able to help a friend and get a new car in the process.

Nice, congrats.  The road trip will be a blast....and you will get those first few miles on it before you can hammer it.  Cool you found an honest dealer. 

The dealer did not have an open allocation so went elsewhere and am #4  for second round allocations with another dealer. He asked for $ 2000 deposit and put in my order on his computer while I was still on the phone. He is confident I should get a car in round 2 allotments.

I chose TorRed with auto trans, Laguna black interior, Nav unit, and summer tires for my options. 

I heard from the dealer today. My car is at status BX already (Passed edit available for schedule)  and I only placed my order on January 26. So for those who are still considering buying a Hellcat there are dealers willing to sell an open allocation for MSRP.

I have to say a big thank you to Bruce Maichle for helping me find this dealer. 

I knew Lee had already sold a lot of cars. That would put me way too far down the list IMO considering I only ordered late January.

The dealer I ordered from thinks I might just make the mid March allocations and I just ordered the end of January.

He has already delivered several Hellcats so just depends on how allocations are handed out next month. Otherwise looks like summer before I see my car. 

Actually excited to get a Hellcat after reading so many positive reactions from those who have one already.

hellcat_zpsspbuyqmy.jpg

Jim, Karl stopped by for lunch a couple Saturdays ago. As we were leaving this guy had that very same one parked by us. So Karl being Karl hunts him down at the restaurant so we could make home open it up n check it out. I've only seen them in captivity at sema, it was great checking it out in the wild without rose colored glasses on. These are really very special cars, dodge got it together in a huge way.

I haven't seen them in person but there are several colors on the car's that I do like the brass monkey wheels on. One pic of a HC Charger in white with the brass monkey wheels I though looked bad ass!