Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Gen V Viper Options

http://nineballgarage.com/2015/01/900-hp-supercharged-viper-system/

900+ HP Supercharged Viper System
Posted on January 26, 2015by 9btony

The speculation and rumors about factory supercharged Vipers can be put to rest now.

One of the largest Dodge Viper dealerships in the country, www.ViperExchange.com, has unveiled the three new performance packages for the 2013-15 Dodge Viper.  These systems were designed in conjunction with SRT, Viper Exchange, and Arrow Racing – the builders of the venerable 8.4L V10 found within every Viper.  These systems will be available through the parts department at Viper Exchange, and installed by their SRT certified dealership network.  The fact is that each of these systems has been developed for over a year now, but were undergoing some paperwork delays for the official unveil.

Package 1 – Off Road Race Controller – 670hp (available now, MSRP $1100)

The Venom Race Control Module Kit is a direct replacement for the stock engine control module.  Installation takes about 20 minutes.  This will give the Viper approx 20-25 hp via slightly more aggressive ignition timing, and a more optimized air-fuel ratio.  All factory ECM’s found on the Vipers are only tuned for a max of 91 octane fuel, whereas the Venom controller can provide the additional gains found from using 93 octane, which is readily available in most states.  Here are the list of gains from this Venom ECM:

• Revised fuel, spark, and cam position
  • Aggressive off-throttle exhaust note
  • Requires minimum 93 octane fuel
  • Rpm limiter raised from 6400 up to 6600
  • Flexibility of rearend gear ratios can self-learn from 3.07 to 4.10 ratios.
  • 1st gear to 4th gear skip-shift has been eliminated
  • Catalyst monitor disabled (can run without catalytics, without setting a code)
  • Air flow rationality disabled
  • Misfire detection disabled
  • Not intended to work with superchargers or turbochargers (lean tune)

Gen5-ecm-300x222.jpg

Gen5-ecm2-300x232.jpg

Package 2 – Ported Cylinder Heads & Camshaft Upgrade – 733hp (available mid-2015, MSRP not set)

The next package greatly increases the air flow into and out of the engine.  This system deletes the variable-valve timing feature of the factory valvetrain, and replaces the camshaft with one that has a more aggressive profile, with increased valve lift and duration.  This requires upgraded valvesprings to handle the lift, as well as upgraded pushrods and hydraulic lifters too.   The CNC ported cylinder heads increase flow on the intake and exhaust ports, and utilize larger diameter intake valves.  A special Venom 2 engine control module is included, in order to optimize the tune.  American Racing long-tube headers and exhaust system finish out the package.  The net result?  733 all-motor horsepower!

Gen5-heads-cam-300x221.jpg

Gen5-heads-cam-dyno-300x226.jpg

Package 3 – The “Sledgehammer” Supercharger System – 900hp  (available 2016, MSRP not set)

The Viper has never been about doing things in a small way, or doing “just enough” to beat competitors.  The design of this supercharger system follows that same method of madness, delivering substantial gains to an already potent snake.  There was a reason that Dodge/SRT produced all 2013+ Viper engines with a forged piston and rod construction, as it was hinted early on that they be suitable for handling boosted applications.  Well, now we fully realize what they had planned this entire time!  While the nearest competitor, being the 2015 Corvette Z06, comes equipped with a diminutive 1.7L TVS style supercharger and force-feeds a 6.2L V8 engine, Dodge went with a much larger approach.  This system is a 4.3L twin-screw supercharger, on top of the 8.4L V10 engine, which should produce an excess of 900hp!  The name “Sledgehammer” likely suggests the feeling your seat will feel, as soon as you dive into the throttle.  The good news?  The drivetrain of the Viper is already designed to accommodate this level of power.  It was planned all along.  The package consists of:

• Hybrid twin-screw 4.3L supercharger @ 6psi boost
  • Venom 2 engine control module w/ custom tune
  • American Racing long-tube headers and exhaust system
  • Air to water heat exchanger system with pump
  • High flow fuel system upgrades
  • Modified front engine cover for front accessory drive belt routing
  • Front belt pulleys and idler system
  • Modified front strut tower beam to clear new accessory path
  • Custom engine coil pack covers to integrate with supercharger
  • SRT dealership installed

Gen5-SC-300x227.jpg

Gen5-SC-Dyno-300x227.jpg

I'm very curious to see where this will fall in the Vette vs. Viper "mine dick is bigger than yours" arguments. Considering it isn't a factory option, but was developed in part with SRT, I'm sure the Viper fanboys will be the first in line at the YouTube comment section. Comparing blower size of a V8 versus a V10 also seemed like a bit of dirty marketing. Maybe I'm just reading too far into it though.

Vette vs. Viper "mine dick is bigger than yours" arguments. Maybe I'm just reading too far into it though.

Viper owners are dickless, that's why I own one...

You may be Sybil, but knowing the vehicles you have and I hear handle quite well, I would have to say , you obviously have a big set of ovaries,ha!

The work on the Supercharger has been going on for awhile, and anything Arrow Racing does is not just well  done it is stellar!!!

You may be Sybil, but knowing the vehicles you have and I hear handle quite well, I would have to say , you obviously have a big set of ovaries,ha!

The work on the Supercharger has been going on for awhile, and anything Arrow Racing does is not just well  done it is stellar!!!

I wouldn't mind owning a gen 5 sc viper. I would probably die in an accident tho....I can't drive a manual worth a shit lol