Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charginscott

Hp Tuners Is Available Now For Mopars

60 posts in this topic

Why did GSM just pop into my head. HPT has a tremendous record, no doubt about it. But cracking the latest and greatest from momma mopar, please excuse me if I have my doubts.

Why did GSM just pop into my head. HPT has a tremendous record, no doubt about it. But cracking the latest and greatest from momma mopar, please excuse me if I have my doubts.

Well I'll confirm if this works on a Hellcat in a few weeks :)

Yes, it is verified that HP tuners has tuned the hellcat, not much information yet and it looks to be a few adjustments so far, much more to come.

No. Diablosport is still the only comprehensive tuning solution in town at this time. You would gain nothing. In fact you would lose your "heads up display" that the Trinity offers. You could datalog at the track with the HPT unit but there is no display. Not to mention if you switch rear gears you have to come up with an "add on" solution. Diablo is still my top choice for now.

Sure. Like Cam said below - there's no option to "flash" the TCM for tire size or rear gear change like you can do with a Diablo handheld device. All Diablo tools (not CMR) allow you to flash the TCM. HPTuners (and SCT as of the last time I verified) cannot flash the TCM. So if you change gears you have to purchase another tire size/gear change module or play the "hokey pokey" with your TCM. Just not worth the effort. You also cannot monitor anything live unless you want to cruise with your laptop.

Cam, yes it is accomodated and I am attaching some examples.

Here's some screen shots of an forced induction SRT tune. The beauty of HPT is that almost all of the parameters have some type of definition (although not all 100% accurate) as well as min/max values for the settings (see the bottom gray box in each screen print below). This is where HPT is going to help the "new" engine calibrator in comparison to the CMR software that has exactly 0% of the parameters defined.

TM is divided nicely into 2 sections - general and engine:

tm1_zps5f3fhq3i.png

tm2_zpsyzjkykta.jpg

You will see in the above image as well as the image below that there is also the ability to show a graph of the settings which is very helpful at analyzing an entire table in a glance for erroneous entries. HPT also offers the ability to "smooth" and "interpolate" groups of cells which most tuning software offers but CMR does not. Think about your poor tuner as we use CMR and have to individually enter/change values in each cell of a table or transfer to an Excel spreadsheet, manipulate and then copy/paste back into a tune :(

HPT I just highlight a group of cells and hit the smooth or interpolate buttons :)

ve_zpstu0kv2gc.jpg

HPT has it going on but the lack of gear change capability and live heads up monitoring without a laptop will keep me in the Diablo world for now.

Diablo CMR or Trinity does not flash the TCM... It tricks it, but does not write to it...

I have used TTS Mastertune for years to tune high performance Harleys.  The graphical interface is very similar to HP and also has the ability to smooth in many areas, most notably the VE tables.  I dont have a bike dyno so would go on a very presctibed datalogging ride to hit all of throttle positions, engine loads and rom ranges to datalog the VEs.  Once done it was easy to come back, pull the table up and apply smoothing in any cells that were missed.  There was also the possibly to "blend" meaning if you have one tune that was good in a certain range and another that was good in a differnt ranbe (throttle position.load and rpm) you could select snippets from each and blend the two together.  Not bad to learn and actualy the sytem is somewhat intuitive.  If HP provides the graphical interface, then you can do the same without a dyno.  Perfect - no but damn close and most will not know the difference.  The novice is probably not going to understand, but anyone with some background, skill or mental horsepower can learn it.  I am assuming that HP will be very similar.

TTS would actually hold traiing courses if you could get enough people to want to attend, not cheap but well worth the money if you were going to use the system intelligently.  Sounds like HP may offer the same?  I can only hope !

I just took a screenshot of just the Torque calculation folder under tables...

Lots of stuff  in those tables to input bad information that can take out a NAG transmission faster than a hand grenade.

ScreenHunter_01%20Mar.%2014%2011.19.gif

Now there are more tables yet.. it's just Diablo hasn't defined them yet and thats what??  7 years later.

I agree that anyone employed by the main company (Diablosport) should not be allowed to tune vehicles.. That is a total conflict of interest. That wouldn't be allowed in any other business now a days.

I would even go so far to suggest that may people having gotten a engine tune had bad calibration that took the transmission out.. and the vehicle owner chalked it up to the OEM parts not being able to handle the new power... I say not so.. your bad tune led to your transmission premature failure.

Diablo = hardware supplier. The high price of the software keeps them from having to teach everyone how to tune.

SCT, HPT = software suppliers. They don't mind teaching tuning apparently.

Coming from curious, with HP tuning software, doesn't this mean once a particular shop writes the updated vehicle tune and applies, the tune is locked? Unlike the Diablo. Or is that all based on the tuner modifications/settings?

Thanks

IM all for competition and more options for the modern Hemi user. Believe me   I remember when we had NOTHING.  That being said the comments about the high priced software diablo really isn't that much for a shop IMO .  Obviously for a guy that wants to tune his own car once or once a year it might not be feasible.    BUT the price isn't the reason why there is only about 10 tuners in the country that everyone uses..Its because the know WTF they are doing...  I can t speak for other Hemi shops around the nation but I would say

50% of my business was from other shops screwing the pooch on tunes.,

The dodge stuff is complicated. and for those thinking they will be able to jump into HP software and start banging on the key board have another thing coming..  These current tuners have YEARS of experience, And a lot of these tuners are in constantly in touch with each other helping each other.  Maybe not all  But most.    

Most of you were not around when Diablo had a few perimeters open for the end user to play with and the busted motors were popping up every where .  I really hope this doesn't happen again..

Only 10 can do it because Diablo interface sucks the wang. Nothing is labeled aND everything is a secret. You'd think if they had a guy on staff that tunes customers with it all day that they'd have a more complete product ;)

With all these secrets I think we have some damn good running Hemis out there.Like I said Im all for more.  Lets see 7 yrs later if these other companies that talk the talk can walk the walk...  I sure hope so...

Diablosport was just recently sold, correct? I wonder what their direction will be in 2015. You know for sure it won't be 2007 Trans flashing for the late model Hemi's...

Jerseyboy tuned my wife's supercharged Denali with HP tuners. Yes you can tune multiple vehicles.

at first i was like "  he has a denali? " 

but then i was like " he has a wife too? "   

lol.... i joke bud. 

Diablosport was just recently sold, correct? I wonder what their direction will be in 2015. You know for sure it won't be 2007 Trans flashing for the late model Hemi's...

Yes they were sold to Holley... just like every corporate takeover it's all about ROI. 

What new produccts are in the pipeline.???

Plus with HP tuners seeming to get into a Hellcat PCM first..... that "race to crack into the late PCM's" has been lost by Diablosport to HP

I have used TTS Mastertune for years to tune high performance Harleys. The graphical interface is very similar to HP and also has the ability to smooth in many areas, most notably the VE tables. I dont have a bike dyno so would go on a very presctibed datalogging ride to hit all of throttle positions, engine loads and rom ranges to datalog the VEs. Once done it was easy to come back, pull the table up and apply smoothing in any cells that were missed. There was also the possibly to "blend" meaning if you have one tune that was good in a certain range and another that was good in a differnt ranbe (throttle position.load and rpm) you could select snippets from each and blend the two together. Not bad to learn and actualy the sytem is somewhat intuitive. If HP provides the graphical interface, then you can do the same without a dyno. Perfect - no but damn close and most will not know the difference. The novice is probably not going to understand, but anyone with some background, skill or mental horsepower can learn it. I am assuming that HP will be very similar.

TTS would actually hold traiing courses if you could get enough people to want to attend, not cheap but well worth the money if you were going to use the system intelligently. Sounds like HP may offer the same? I can only hope !

Tts. Ha! Ive known Steve Cole for years! Great guy with a lot of bad ass duramax trucks out there.

J

IM all for competition and more options for the modern Hemi user. Believe me I remember when we had NOTHING. That being said the comments about the high priced software diablo really isn't that much for a shop IMO . Obviously for a guy that wants to tune his own car once or once a year it might not be feasible. BUT the price isn't the reason why there is only about 10 tuners in the country that everyone uses..Its because the know WTF they are doing... I can t speak for other Hemi shops around the nation but I would say

50% of my business was from other shops screwing the pooch on tunes.,

The dodge stuff is complicated. and for those thinking they will be able to jump into HP software and start banging on the key board have another thing coming.. These current tuners have YEARS of experience, And a lot of these tuners are in constantly in touch with each other helping each other. Maybe not all But most.

Most of you were not around when Diablo had a few perimeters open for the end user to play with and the busted motors were popping up every where . I really hope this doesn't happen again..

I can see more than a few engine failures coming from individuals trying to tune their own cars without proper training. Competition is good. Hopefully it leads to more access for everyone.

J