Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Truckzilla46

My Arrington Experience And Review On My Build

My Arrington review

My cars power plant is a 392 vvt forged hemi with comp 428 cam and built heads running 11.6 psi from my maggy. It went down to Arrington for a engine rebuild. I had talked to Eric before it went down and we agreed on what was going to be done to it. Well first let me say what we agreed on wasn’t done. More was done than agreed on and this folks is NOT a bad thing J. First lets start with communication. He had a gentlemen come and pick up the car and it was a husband and wife team that helped out on the side. Very nice and I must say southern folks seem so much more respectful and courteous than the folks around here. The car arrived and he sent pictures of it stowed away. The engine was pulled tore down. Once we had all the parts(had to order custom pistons) and the build started Eric was great with updates and most days more than one update with pictures to show the progress. Several times he had to call with recommendations( I asked if he could)  and was VERY happy he did. The build went smooth and turned out great. He even let me know one day he was down and out with a cold and wouldn’t be updates. Now that to me is way above and beyond and cant say enough of how impressed I am with the communication. He sent me video of the dyno and was very happy with the 660hp/680 tq at the wheels. Once tuned he called and asked if it was ok to put the car through the paces. I said yes please do. He said what about the tires? I like to drive it hard to make sure all is ok. I said smoke them suckers up! He called back about a hour or so later and let me know it was one hell of a driving machine. Also said he was going to adjust some of the tables for better driving. I could tell he was excited of the outcome and knew I would be happy with it. Well the plan was I would drive it back but life at work is too busy so I needed to ship it back. He helped me get that figured and and gave me some great information I was unaware with transporting cars. Anyway fast forward my baby is back (He texted me a picture when it left which was cool). Well anyway she sounds mean! Started right up on the trailer and purred into the garage. I popped the hood and started the inspection. New intercool hoses and connections and looks much cleaner free of charge. They also swapped me to the single race pump too. Was a nice surprise when he sent me install pictures of that and it made my day. Not a cheap freebee. I could tell when the car came back that they took GREAT care of it. Items returned to me were neatly stowed in the car with great care. I couldn’t take it for a big drive as its about 20 degrees when it showed up. I did take it on a small drive. First thing I noticed is how much better my shr trans shifts from park to reverse and also drive. It always wanted to act up not related to idle speed. It now shifts firmer and drives much more like the factory manners…..Well unless you hit the loud pedal and it transforms to a snarling beats! J

So I would like to say Eric is a man of his word and Arrington has my voteJ. They went above and beyond what I expected and can truly say Thank You all at Arrington so much. I don’t think I could be happier with the car. The corner has turned and I look forward to see what Arrington comes up with next.

On a side note maybe it’s just me being from the Midwest but sure was impressed by all the different things they can do in house. Lots of mad skills/talent in that place.

My wife and I still plan on going down there to take a tour and then I can thank them in person.

Thanks ;) from one happy customer.

Glad to hear they fixed their mistakes.   We all make mistakes its how one goes about fixing them that makes the difference.   Congratz your baby is home :)

Glad to hear they fixed their mistakes. We all make mistakes its how one goes about fixing them that makes the difference. Congratz your baby is home :)

This!!!! Couldn't agree more!

yea Eric is at the top of one of my lists right now also. I just can't understand why he isn't at the top of Arrington's list right now.

Glad it worked out for you Truck

Agreed.  Awesome you have your car back.  It will be fun to drive more.

Arrington is my shop for sure.  There was an error up on my reluctor wheel, but Arrington shipped the car back to their shop and took are of it without any question.  

Great facility.  I got the tour with Alex and the place is spotless. They had to make changes over there, but they are stand up and in a solid business position.  I'll work with them on my next build for sure.

Yep I couldn't be more happy. Eric is a very nice guy and easy to deal with. I know in all the pictures I was sent I was always shocked at how clean it looked in the background and around my car.

Glad you had a good experience.  Arrington has always treated me very well and Eric has always stepped up when needed.  I am glad to see that it seems they have righted the ship

Wow, Jason thanks for the write up!   :)

Really glad you are happy with her, keep the pics coming. 

One small correction: I asked the calibration department to adjust some tables. I wish i could, but alas...I don't have Matt and Dave's skills...

Looking forward to seeing you for the tour.

- Eric

Glad you got her back and are happy.  I've been very happy with Arrington through the years and my little Arrington 6.0 that could is still doing the business and has been a great engine.

Keep up the good work guys.  Great to hear that folks are happy with your works. thanks for all y'all and AJ has done for me. I couldn't have done half of it without your contribution to my car. CK.