Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blues143

Wideband Location With A Turbocharger??

Ok so all the major wideband companies recommend putting the sensor before the cat and after the turbo. I have a mid mount turbo ( right behind the transmission) question now is, where do I mount the sensor then?? Anybody here put one in front of a turbo??

I try to place the wideband after the turbocharger, a short distance from the turbine but not so close where it will cook the sensor.

Just make sure you have enough closed pipe after the sensor before the exhaust dumps to atmosphere (if you are going that route). 

As long as its after the engine exhaust converge it will be fine. Most prefer after turbo but the exhaust is the exhaust pre or post turbo. Only difference will be heat it is subjected to. The ratio will be no different.

Fwiw i ran a wideband 6 inches from the end of it all and it was fine. Most dynos clip on the tail pipe and work just fine.

Thanks guys I plan on putting it at the end of the y pipe which is about 24" from the heads. That would put the sensor right in front of the single hi-flow cat and about 2 feet from the turbo exhaust inlet. I dont have alot of options. e790a0176beb26cae4cc08ca9cd6b5a1.jpg

No cam, the custom fabricating was done by a shop in ohio. I then converted it to a nag1 car. Its now getting fully forged this week. I want to be able to squeeze 11lbs out of her this track season. 8 lbs was good for 11.96 @ 117 mph.