Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rumble_T

5.7l Based 393 Stroker W/ Vortech V3 12psi

Hey guys,

This post is to get some ideas as to how much power I can expect and if I am missing anything to make my car a reliable performance vehicle.  As some of you may know, I recently cracked a piston due to changing the crankshaft pulley to an OD 17% and not adding enough fuel.  I was pushing 10 PSI on my 5.7 stock internals, compcam 274, stock heads, stock manifold intake and Kooks LT Headers.

I will be sending my car to Mike @ OST in the next month for a Short Block 5.7L Based 393 with my same Vortech V3 Supercharger.  Paramount Stage 3 Transmission w/ Torque Converter, Transmission Cooling Lines, Stock Eagle Heads, Custom grind Cam (getting rid of 274), Stock 6.1 Manifold Intake, Fore Dual Hat Fuel Pump Return style (900HP), fuel crossover lines, Fore fuel rails, MLS Head Gaskets, ARP Main Studs and Head Studs.

I understand when increasing motor displacement, boost psi goes down, so may need to change pulley in order to get 12PSI.  Given this information, how much can I expect HP wise from this build?

I found a local 6.1 Manifold Intake and I'm wondering how much more power I could expect ontop of above, if I have it ported?  I most likely will not be porting the heads at this time as it is out of my budget.

I expect between 600-650.  Am I on the money or being too optimistic?  How much HP per PSI?  Is there anything else I can do to make sure I have a quality build?  Deeper Transmission pan for the added quarts?

23wqjb4.jpg

Not gunna get 12psi with a 1150 cfm blower on a 6.5L. You should be able to make 620ish with that thing spinning till it hurts. I made 607rwhp on a stock block 6.1 with heads, cam, ported manifold, 5%OD, 28 tooth, meth & spinning to 6800. That car only saw 10psi FYI

Hopefully as soon as I get mine all sorted out now that it is running, I can get it on the rollers.

5.7VVt based 392, 274 VVT cam (Tweaked by MM), D1SC,  MM 87mm TB, MM 6.1 lightly ported intake, MM ported eagle heads, Kooks long tubes, Kooks High flows, Corsa 2.75" catback  looking to run 12-14lbs....hopefully it puts down a good number.

Hey guys,

This post is to get some ideas as to how much power I can expect and if I am missing anything to make my car a reliable performance vehicle.  As some of you may know, I recently cracked a piston due to changing the crankshaft pulley to an OD 17% and not adding enough fuel.  I was pushing 10 PSI on my 5.7 stock internals, compcam 274, stock heads, stock manifold intake and Kooks LT Headers.

I will be sending my car to Mike @ OST in the next month for a Short Block 5.7L Based 393 with my same Vortech V3 Supercharger.  Paramount Stage 3 Transmission w/ Torque Converter, Transmission Cooling Lines, Stock Eagle Heads, Custom grind Cam (getting rid of 274), Stock 6.1 Manifold Intake, Fore Dual Hat Fuel Pump Return style (900HP), fuel crossover lines, Fore fuel rails, MLS Head Gaskets, ARP Main Studs and Head Studs.

I understand when increasing motor displacement, boost psi goes down, so may need to change pulley in order to get 12PSI.  Given this information, how much can I expect HP wise from this build?

I found a local 6.1 Manifold Intake and I'm wondering how much more power I could expect ontop of above, if I have it ported?  I most likely will not be porting the heads at this time as it is out of my budget.

I expect between 600-650.  Am I on the money or being too optimistic?  How much HP per PSI?  Is there anything else I can do to make sure I have a quality build?  Deeper Transmission pan for the added quarts?

23wqjb4.jpg

Why stop at 12psi with a forged motor?

Yeah... I'm hitting 18ish, and it's not because I want to... I'm too lazy to change the crank pulley again. lol 

Well the question is, at what PSI am I overspinning the V3?  I want to swap to the YSI but not in the budget at this time...

Daniel,

6.1L based, low compression 392 build, V-3 trim @ 11 lbs....668 rwhp, 668 lbs torque

Thanks! Seems like low to mid 600's is where I could expect.  Nice numbers 668 and 668 lol.  I'm hoping for 666!

I have that same motor set up minus the 6.1 intake. Stayed with the 5.7 intake. I have the 28 tooth pulley on my V3 & it makes 13.0-13.2 lbs of boost & runs 10.5 in the 1/4. Mike tuned the car. You probably get him to look back & see what the dyno #s were. Mike has a mustang dyno so #s are going to be lower.I have the same trans. as you with a 3200 FTI converter. Very good street & part time track car setup.

Well the question is, at what PSI am I overspinning the V3?  I want to swap to the YSI but not in the budget at this time...

Thanks! Seems like low to mid 600's is where I could expect.  Nice numbers 668 and 668 lol.  I'm hoping for 666!

I called Vortech to help me.With the 17% od dampner & 28 tooth pulley & everything else, they calculated my V3 spinning 52840 shifting @ 6200 RPMs. They said I would be ok as long as I stayed around or under 53500.

So a couple guys in my old car club AMC in Georgia are running something similar.

392 Charger, Forged, 8psi boost - 618rwhp, 550rwtq

6.1 (I think) Challenger bored out to a 392 stroke, cam, 8psi - 631rwhp, 625rwtq

And if I'm doing 12psi??