Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hove131

Seat Tear? Can It Be Repaired?

Heard my seat rip open today when I got in. There's two big tears. Also a big riple on the non leather part that i have pictured as well. Can these be repaired? New cover needed? b4316d7c76304c9f8b8f7b8519d3d968.jpg2ee3c666051f2d1bba9f9d2430debe30.jpg9bb48ddb61e9c7235fc93ebf40b5fd9a.jpg

I run a very large body shop and see stuff like this on a daily basis. It can be repaired but typically it only last for 6 months or so. If it were my car I would do as someone suggested above and replace the seat bottom cover. It may cost a little more but you will be happier in the long run. I would just be careful sliding across the seat especially with any objects in your pockets and this will help the seat last longer. A good leather conditioner will also help. 

Something like that happened in my wife's Audi a few years back. Dealership had the leather repair guy work his magic with some glue, and it made the tear disappear. That repair lasted for years.