Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chief 6.4

What Efi For This Combination?

Trying to get a 6.4 hemi, Magnuson Supercharger kit for the 6.4, and a 68 Charger to work together.

What EFI will work with the supercharger?  I know the kit comes with a diablo sport tuner for a factory car, but would that work in this circumstance?

Holley makes an EFI kit for the GEN III Hemi and so does FAST.  Talk with whoever will be doing your tuning and ask what system they are most comfortable using and prefer for your application. 

Chief-

Lots of options to control that motor. If you want to retain VVT, your only current option is a factory computer. Hotwire makes the harnesses, and quite a few guys will sell you one. Find a tuner you like and go from there.

There will be a megasquirt option at some point for a 6.4, but right now it's not there yet.

I run megasquirt on my 6.1 based 392 with Hilborn intake. Works well for me, but doesn't have knock control.

There is a good 3G Hemi swap group on facebook. You should join it. Lots of active discussions and a lot of guys who have done the swap are active.

If you want to have your tuning options hands on by you yourself, the aftermarket,EFIsource,Holley,FAST are the ones to use. If you want a set it and forget it setup that has a TON experience behind it a factory ecu with a REAL tune is the route to take.

On that  one you need to stick with a factory harness and ecm.  EFI source, Holley, Fast etc do not support VVT ont he hemi yet.  Holley is working on it,  The others really don't seem interested in spending the R&D money.  I would reach out to Modern Muscle or let Hemi Tuner and get what you need for it.  

The tuner that comes with your kit will work by the way.  

There will be a megasquirt option at some point for a 6.4, but right now it's not there yet.

EFI source is the group working on the plug and play for a crate 6.4. DBW throttle body, VVT, etc. They've got the right people helping, and a handful of guys who already own motors that are waiting on the product. No ETA though.