Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

muzza61

Texas Motorplex - 27Th/28Th March

JDW RT 09 and I are heading up to Texas Motorplex this Friday/Saturday.

It would be cool to meet up with some MMF's up there.  Surfer1420 will be around.  Any of you other guys going?

Getting the clutch and flywheel installed. If it's in before the weekend, I'm in.

Hope you make it. Murray and I are booked at the La Quinta for friday night.

Haha.  It was tough to get out of the box, especially when wheel hop kicked in...but once running, she was a lot of fun.  Best ET was only 12.6, but it was at 127, so there is promise there.  The second video is where I missed 3rd.  :)

Great to meet Surfer1420 and see his set up - the roll bars are kick ass....the trailer is better.

The new sway bar links are installed, so this Friday I will head up to Little River with the slicks.  It's only a 1/8 mile track, but it will get me practice on slicks before CF.

Great hobby we have.

Wish I could have been there, I was pretty sure once you met the "DFWLX Race Team Leader", you would understand why he is not only is he 120% drag race blood, he's a pretty damn good cook! But I really miss seeing you meet his car and trailer, hope no one noticed the stiffy they gave ya, cause you KNOW I would have pointed it out, lol! Seat time is worth the effort, and get a shift light for 2-3 up shift is my suggestion, if only cause WE are slower/older seems that shift comes up fucking faster, dunno?!

Runner up in Modern Hemi Shootout $300.

Met up with Surfer 1420 who cooked up some tasty burgers between runs. Thanks Jorge.

Murray got some runs in the night before on street tires. The further away his car gets, the louder it gets.

https://youtu.be/XKfDfEd3jbc

https://youtu.be/-sIF1HqhcWY

WTG James!  What did you think of the track?

Haha.  It was tough to get out of the box, especially when wheel hop kicked in...but once running, she was a lot of fun.  Best ET was only 12.6, but it was at 127, so there is promise there.  The second video is where I missed 3rd.  smile.png

Great to meet Surfer1420 and see his set up - the roll bars are kick ass....the trailer is better.

The new sway bar links are installed, so this Friday I will head up to Little River with the slicks.  It's only a 1/8 mile track, but it will get me practice on slicks before CF.

Great hobby we have.

James is right, your pipes get louder further down the track!  They sound great!  Now let's see if you can get some wheelstand launches on those slicks!

That would kick ass. I didn't have the cutouts open because I had to plate them after tearing one off on a speed hump. Will remove plates next time. :)

WTG James!  What did you think of the track?

Great track. Best I ever been to. Will be going back for more Fri/Sat. events.

It was great meeting you guys on Saturday as well.  Glad you had a good time, and did well in the race.  You guys are welcome to hang out with us anytime you'd like. 

It was a long weekend, with or Car Club race on Sunday, that went long into the afternoon, we had 212 entries.  Made for late night getting home and an early morning to head to work.

It was great meeting you guys on Saturday as well.  Glad you had a good time, and did well in the race.  You guys are welcome to hang out with us anytime you'd like. 

It was a long weekend, with or Car Club race on Sunday, that went long into the afternoon, we had 212 entries.  Made for late night getting home and an early morning to head to work.

Good to meet you Surfer. Post up a notice for track events up your way and Murray and I are likely to venture up.

Great track. Best I ever been to. Will be going back for more Fri/Sat. events.

Well that is great F'N news!!!!  Can't wait to check it out, let's look at the calendar and try and pick some dates to head up there.

BTW congrats on runner-up!

La Quinta isn't that Latin for "Next to Denny's"? wink.png

LMFAO!!

Good run James, I'll be going up to that raceway myself here pretty soon. I'll be sure to shoot you a PM if you want to meet up n run.

Track looks way nicer than SAR.