Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tout

Opinions On Lt Tires 235/80/17

Well it's time to change the tires on the 2011 Ram 3500 DRW, it came from the factory with General Ameritrac highway's which I got 60,000 miles out of, I would normally use the same tire if it performed good but in looking at the reviews others had it didn't match my own experience, also the Generals give 8.1 of tread width while others look to give 7.0-7.1

So what are you guys using and do you like them?

are you looking into a 8 or 10 ply? 

ive been pretty impressed with the nitto terragrapplers, but they are an aggressive tire imo. 

lots of people are loving the Hankooks though 

ive been pretty impressed with the nitto terragrapplers, but they are an aggressive tire imo. 

I have the nitto terragrapplers on my Jeep.  Love the look and feel of them.

I'm looking at both the Cooper Discoverer AT/3 and the Michelin LTX/T2 , both have good reviews the Michelin's have a slightly less tread width, not sure that will matter much.

John I just put the michelin LT AT2 on my truck last week and I love them so far. Had BFG all terrains and that was the crapiest tire I have ever owned.

I put the cooper discoverer's on monica's truck a year a go and love them! Had michelin Lt's on it before and the cooper's ride way better, quieter and wearing great so far

I run Nitto All Terrains on all of my trucks. Good ride and generally get 60-70k out of a set. Michelins ride a lttile better but you'll be lucky top get 40k out of them. Too soft of a compound for my liking