Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JaySmith131

Need Help Deciding On Next Mod

I need a little bit of help deciding where to go next with my car. As of now my 2006 Charger Daytona is pretty much stock besides a CAI, Canned tune and a cat back exhaust. My question is should I go with upgraded axles and a getrag 3.06? or should I get my long tubes installed and a cam done Was thinking a comp 260 as the car is a summer daily driver but only about a 150 miles a week. I can only afford one of the options right now.

Changing out the gears was one of the funnest mods - bang for the buck. I went from stock 2.62 to 3.73 and it was a blast.

Then a Maggie and it was waaaay more fun.

That cam doesn't seem much different from stock.

That's cause it ain't much different. It's worth an average of less then 20/20 across the curve and isn't worth the effort. There are much better selections out there.

That's cause it ain't much different. It's worth an average of less then 20/20 across the curve and isn't worth the effort. There are much better selections out there.

What cam would you recommend?

What cam would you recommend?

Sorry bud, missed this. Get a hold of hemi31. He can hook you up with a Frank's racing unit that will match your needs perfectly. If that doesn't work out, Stu's Spartan cam in a 214/218 works very well. Stay away from a Spartan max as it really gives up the bottom end.

Changing out the gears was one of the funnest mods - bang for the buck. I went from stock 2.62 to 3.73 and it was a blast.

Then a Maggie and it was waaaay more fun.

I agree... gears will give you a bigger seat of the pants thrill. 3.73 if you do a lot of hi way driving or 3.91 if it's more local and drag strip.