Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DevilDogge

Lufkin Area?

Detroit native, displaced to Louisville, and flying down for an interview in Lufkin next week.  Anyone familiar with the area? Looks like the area is a hunter's dream with all the wild bacon you can eat all year long.  Looks like there is or used to be a 1/4 mile track in Lufkin, but their website is down at the moment. I did a few google searches, but would like to hear any insight you fellers may have. 

I travel there once and awhile for work ... seems to me like there's not much of anything around there...

I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing.  I'm interested to know if the tick situation in the woods is anything like it is here in SO Indiana.  I just look out from under my covers, in bed, through the blinds, through the window, at the neighbor's single solitary tree, and I have a nest of ticks on me. 

lol. don't know about the ticks situation.

I go there to visit Lufkin (the gearing company the town is named after). Haven't spent any time out in the woods there

I travel there once and awhile for work ... seems to me like there's not much of anything around there...

^^^^This

Not much in town and when you get out of town, there is nothing.   Manny has a large family base there ! lol

lol. don't know about the ticks situation.

I go there to visit Lufkin (the gearing company the town is named after). Haven't spent any time out in the woods there

The gear company was bought out by GE, they sold off the trailer division and cut a bunch of other products. I went there for a 3 day gear class last year.

You are correct. I've also been to that class.

Not a big fan of Lufkin myself, so my feelings weren't hurt when they were sold. But to each their own.

Lufkin? Slowly SHE turned... step by step...! GF lived there for 20 years, said it was wasted years in hindsight, I lived near there in Crocket years ago sandy loam on red clay, every rain even 4-wheeldrives get stuck, need a dually to get around till dry. No ticks but fire ants you would not believe, had a creek front of my place, creek full on rain with water and huge balls/islands of fire ants, my be a nice place to retire and DIE, but living there kinda sucks, make a ton of $ then get da fuck out IMO! ;)

I dealt with ticks in central VA, but I have not seen one on the dogs since moving to TX (Austin).  I walk them twice a day in woods and they get in the creek.