Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jun1269

What Goes There?

Hydrolocked my engine a few months ago. At the advice of insurance adjuster, the dealer removed heads to determine the extent of damage. Results: 1 broken piston rod. I have zero confidence in the dealers around my neck of the woods due to previous incidents. Therefore, I decided to rebuild myself. I found a bucket of bolts in my passenger seat (removed by the dealer). All items removed by me were labeled/tagged and bagged. Unfortunately I need held identifying what goes in the hole on the D/S of the engine near the trans (pic attached)…..Went to the dealer today; the 3 gentlemen and 1 young lady at the parts counter stated they don’t have a clue….. Any help is greatly appreciated.

post-4830-0-16797900-1432671375_thumb.jpg

That's the location for the block heater if you're so inclined.  Also do not re-use the 14mm head bolts, they are torque to yield and not reusable.  Good luck on your rebuild and welcome!. 

THANK YOU SIR!!!! Although we definitely don't need a block heater here in TX... It just amazes me that the dealer did not know that. I did not re-use any of the head bolts…Replaced with ARP studs. I really appreciate your assistance.

What is the engine in, and how was it hydrolocked? 

I had success with my insurance company paying to replace the hemi in our 2004 Durango after a major downpour and a snapped rod when trying to start it, and after lots of research and digging by me, I convinced them it was due to the storm and they paid for the replacement.

What is the engine in, and how was it hydrolocked? 

I had success with my insurance company paying to replace the hemi in our 2004 Durango after a major downpour and a snapped rod when trying to start it, and after lots of research and digging by me, I convinced them it was due to the storm and they paid for the replacement.

The engine is in 300 SRT8 (2006)....Hydrolocked trying to go through a puddle of water (which couldn't be avoided) or at least I thought so at the time.

Luckily, I was at a snail's pace and the block sustain no damage. I’ve NEVER had a problem with my insurance company; they deposited $16K in my bank account....well, $13....had to buy the car back for 3 grand. That, in turn help produced a blown 419 stroker.

post-4830-0-84914300-1432743210_thumb.jpg