Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiSam

Twin Turbo Rebuild Part Something Or Other...

277 posts in this topic

Your patience so amazes me HS but when you do get the big girl, even for a short time you set records and set new high bars! Looking forward to the future to see how you push the envelope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch, friends!  

It's been a winding road and I'm in a good place at the moment.

I'd love to tickle 215mph at the Mile.  Maybe a good tailwind will do... :D  I do have a couple of things I worked on at RPR that might help.

They started posting some pics on FB of the event.  Cool to have a photog there

launch.jpg

HS

Private track rental at Royal Purple Raceway yesterday.  It's called the Quick 30 but 40+ cars registered... lol.  No other Challengers unfortunately, but I did see a couple of Vipers.  The Viper Nationals are a couple of months away and hosted by the same outfit.  

Very nice setup and one gets to meet some cool folks from all over the state and in yesterday's case the gent with the rail car was from Minnesota...brother lives in Austin.  Cool car.  Best pass I saw from it was a 7.07....zero drama and all motor.  63X c.i. block.

IMG_8639.jpg

IMG_8641.jpg

IMG_8643.jpg

I made four passes.  Was trying to shave a tenth off my personal best and figure out a few things.  I played around with tire pressure on the drag radials (was running them too low previously and likely could raise them a bit more), raised boost a smidge for the conditions that day, locked up the converter earlier which was likely the biggest benefit, and ramped in my boost more quickly as the track was holding.  For reference, when I ramped in the boost at CF7 in Bowling Green less rapidly I went sideways so the prep was as good as I've had in any place other than VMP.

IMG_8633.jpg

My new personal best...got my 8.7.  I might find an 8.6 on a perfect day and leaning on her a bit more, but I'd likely need to take the risk of lifting the heads at this point or making changes I doubt I'll make.  

IMG_8634.jpg

I rotated my wheels inside the tires 8" in four passes.  Beadlocks or the cheap screw through the wheel approach would be the solution. Not sure I'm willing to do that at this point but I now know why I haven't been able to get my 60ft time lower despite leaving at higher rpm....whoops.

Thanks for the ongoing support, A.J.  Appreciate being able to bounce things off you...I know you're busy.

HS

Hmmmm..... I see a "Rail" in your future Sam. Maybe in five years you will tire of the the big girl and graduate to a rail?  ;)

Stevo

That reaction of .007 tho...

Shoot ide say with just the bead locks to prevent that 2" tire rotation (per pass) you can shave .073 for a high 8.69. I have faith in that car right there ☀️.

Coming from curious, what is the tire pressure you are finding works best for your set up?

None the less, badass car and badass times. Good shit Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Stevo.  Been too long, brother!  Hopefully you'll make your way to BG next month so we can toss back a tasty Canadian brew.

R/T - with the input of rollbar (aka Jason), I raised the tire pressure by about a lb to lb and a half.  I believe I was running 17.5psi or so on the DR's.  That track could have held more, but I only made four passes that day and I was going up .5psi at a time and playing with a bunch of stuff like launch rpm so I was changing things deliberately and not all at once so I could figure what was working and not.  I'm still learning on the quarter with this setup.

HS

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Thank you, Migs!  Nicely done and great tune selection.

Look forward to seeing you in Victoria.  See if you can drag ol' Jorge with ya....he can watch us drink :D

HS

Thank you, Migs! Nicely done and great tune selection.

Look forward to seeing you in Victoria. See if you can drag ol' Jorge with ya....he can watch us drink :D

HS

Hah hah.. Thanks Sammy!.. I will try to get Spiceman on that road trip but he's totally focused on on the races up here.. As you know he doesn't talk much but the Pumpkin is done with shake down test and running good..

Yeah...I feel ya, Migs.  Pumpkin is bad to the bone with that rear end tubbed and the new suspension.  Can't wait to see her make a pass in the new trim.  Be sure to give our boy plenty of chit...

:D

HS

Yeah...I feel ya, Migs. Pumpkin is bad to the bone with that rear end tubbed and the new suspension. Can't wait to see her make a pass in the new trim. Be sure to give our boy plenty of chit...

HS

Yeah Sammy it's awesome to look and hear that beautiful big Pumpkin!!..01b98a14dc6a9c7d9e3f2cdd22fe4531.jpg????????????...

Punkin Spice FTW, Migs!!!

LMAO, JB!  See ya next month, brother.  Bringin' ya a lil' something to celebrate with....FLYING ELVISES!!!

HS

Your patience so amazes me HS but when you do get the big girl, even for a short time you set records and set new high bars! Looking forward to the future to see how you push the envelope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That video crew was a trip, Lisa.  It's easier to run 200+mph in my land yacht and stop her than it was being interviewed...

Doc Al....thank you, brother!  It's been a hell of a winding road and one heck of a ride.  Hope to see you soon.

HS

Yeah Sammy it's awesome to look and hear that beautiful big Pumpkin!!..01b98a14dc6a9c7d9e3f2cdd22fe4531.jpg...

Wow ! Is that Jorge's car ? Is he still running a 6 spd ? That looks wicked with the narrowed rear end.

That video crew was a trip, Lisa.  It's easier to run 200+mph in my land yacht and stop her than it was being interviewed...

Doc Al....thank you, brother!  It's been a hell of a winding road and one heck of a ride.  Hope to see you soon.

HS

Sorry :(.

Yep, Still running the 6 speed. About ready to spray it.  The back half took a while and learning to set up a 4 link has been quite fun.  lol

Yep, Still running the 6 speed. About ready to spray it.  The back half took a while and learning to set up a 4 link has been quite fun.  lol

Now that's what I'm talking about !  Looks bad ass brother, can't wait to see it run again now. :)