Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiSam

Twin Turbo Rebuild Part Something Or Other...

277 posts in this topic

gong to be a hell of a car when done this time around. after seeing the carnage from the last motor, my bet is your going to see a whole lot better next time around. good luck man.

Time for an update.

Chris Seidle at Seidle Motorsports has been busy.  Here are a few shots of the short block.

alum%20block%20full%20block%20shot.%20ju

alum%20block%20closeup%20of%20holes%20ju

alum%20block%20rotating%20assemb%20june%

There is a lot of goodness going on there...

I have to give credit to Craig at Thitek.  He has been working hard to make sure my heads are right.  Here is a shot of some beautiful weld work to repair o-ring grooves that API had machined for copper gaskets that I had pulled...showed signs of weaping fluid with no passes.  I thought the grooves had been addressed, but they were simply decked a bit.  

thitek%20repair%20june%202015.jpg

Craig took about an hour per side to deck them a smidge at a time and ensure they were square and without giving up material unnecessarily.

Here is some more nice work done on the damaged hole.  It's since been smoothed down like a baby's bottom.

thitek%20chamber%20repair%20weld%20june%

Chris will have the heads and the Modern Muscle high capatiy oil pan hopefully this week and can bench test the new aluminum motor.

Big thanks to my boy mani for helping me out with some flanges for rollbar's (AGP's) turbo kit.  I know you're busy, brother....I owe you!

:D

HS

But but but......There is no hole in that block!!

Sorry could not resist. But seriously I am so happy to see all the great progress being made on your big girl!

Man Chris is moving right along on the motor ! :) That is some nice work Craig has done on the heads,

honestly from seeing the motor from the outside I wouldn't have thought that head would have been

salvageable.

20150329_140232.jpg

^^^^^My boy definitely earn this trophy. Me runs & hides >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LMAO...you're a mess, Kenny.  

I figure you earned that one after sweating your ass off to help get me back on the track after I blew off the pipe and then the mustang ran over it.  Then there was the clean up after the boom...the clean up was special.  We looked like fry cooks that day....

gtfo4.gif

Thank God for rum.

HS

Man Chris is moving right along on the motor ! :) That is some nice work Craig has done on the heads,

honestly from seeing the motor from the outside I wouldn't have thought that head would have been

salvageable.

20150329_140232.jpg

^^^^^My boy definitely earn this trophy. Me runs & hides >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am really digging that necklace Sammo! Very cool!

Some "Bigguns" for you mate! Enjoy!

a-great-bounce-break.gif

Stevo

LMAO...you're a mess, Kenny.  

I figure you earned that one after sweating your ass off to help get me back on the track after I blew off the pipe and then the mustang ran over it.  Then there was the clean up after the boom...the clean up was special.  We looked like fry cooks that day....

gtfo4.gif

Thank God for rum.

HS

Yes sir we both had a combo of motor oil, coolant & power steering fluid all in our hair doing that clean up.lol Hell had me drinkin rum by the end of that day. lol

Thank you, T.

Well, the welds/repair on the heads showed some porosity near the fire ring after grinding so they had to go back.  Craig got that straightened out and was to ship them to Chris today.  The block will be bench tested shortly once the high capacity oil pan is dropped off by Jason/rollbar. 

Rollbar's work has gotten hung up waiting on header flanges.  I should have a pair in his hands this week as the turbo kit looks to be the critical path at this point.  It was progressing nicely up until the custom header piece...no flanges, no headers.

All the other parts critical parts are in hand with A.J.  Trying to make the Texas Mile in October.  We'll see...

HS

Looks like some of my tig welding on those heads Sam. 26.5 years of doing it every day you get good at it. Glad to see it all coming together. I am still making plans to get to Houston. Maybe Labor Day Weekend. That is what I am shooting for right now.

Looks like some of my tig welding on those heads Sam. 26.5 years of doing it every day you get good at it. Glad to see it all coming together. I am still making plans to get to Houston. Maybe Labor Day Weekend. That is what I am shooting for right now.

Let me know, G.  Would be great to catch up and meet your boy.

Send my best to that rockin' cool mrs of yours.

HS