Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiSam

Twin Turbo Rebuild Part Something Or Other...

277 posts in this topic

sucks about the motor blowing but man the upgrades look very nice.  can not wait to see how she runs bud.  moving along just fine it will be done before you know it bud.

Yeah, mani....you came through for us.  At this risk of repeating myself, much appreciated!

4c52bd95-4af5-479a-bc5b-0431dea27d74.jpg

Small update.  Heads have been gone through and are mounted on the small short block by Siedle (that's what I get for typing w/o coffee).  Pushrods arrive Monday and I've asked for a bench test to make sure the aluminum block is solid.  That should be wrapped up next week.

thitek%20back%20from%20craig%20july%2020

thitek%20PSI%20springs%20n%20Rev%20valve

Rollbar should have the turbo kit wrapped up next week.  He sent me some shots of the headers today and they look pretty sweet.  The turbo kit has clearly been the long lead item of the rebuild.  

Once jason/rollbar ships the turbo kit, all parts are with A.J.  He's got a few things wrapped up and then comes the work of buttoning it all up and tuning.  Hoping to make the Mile in October which seems reasonable but I been here before.  Tough to say.  Might be hanging out sipping rum during and after racing...

ruff7.jpg

HS

Yeah, mani....you came through for us. At this risk of repeating myself, much appreciated!

4c52bd95-4af5-479a-bc5b-0431dea27d74.jpg

Small update. Heads have been gone through and are mounted on the small short block by Siedle (that's what I get for typing w/o coffee). Pushrods arrive Monday and I've asked for a bench test to make sure the aluminum block is solid. That should be wrapped up next week.

thitek%20back%20from%20craig%20july%2020

thitek%20PSI%20springs%20n%20Rev%20valve

Rollbar should have the turbo kit wrapped up next week. He sent me some shots of the headers today and they look pretty sweet. The turbo kit has clearly been the long lead item of the rebuild.

Once jason/rollbar ships the turbo kit, all parts are with A.J. He's got a few things wrapped up and then comes the work of buttoning it all up and tuning. Hoping to make the Mile in October which seems reasonable but I been here before. Tough to say. Might be hanging out sipping rum during and after racing...

ruff7.jpg

HS

Sam....what is bench testing the block? Pressurizing it with coolant to check for leaks? That looks nice bud! Getting closer!!!

Sammy this build is moving along nicely and is really turning into something special. Can't wait for October. I'm ready for some rum and test hits on the feeders.

post-535-1437860385996_thumb.jpg

Sam....what is bench testing the block? Pressurizing it with coolant to check for leaks? That looks nice bud! Getting closer!!!

It's basically running the block to heat it up and see if anything moves around, leaks, etc...  Not the same as an engine dyno...not as sophisticated.  These aluminum blocks can be a bit of a challenge so I've taken a few precautions, including this one, to keep things as drama free as possible.  Had my share of drama on the last block thanks to that manley valve that failed and having to re-sleave the MOPAR aluminum block before the big bang...

gif36.gif

Sammy this build is moving along nicely and is really turning into something special. Can't wait for October. I'm ready for some rum and test hits on the feeders.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1437860385.602101.jpg

I'm ready brother....

gif101.gif

flying%20elvi.jpg

:D

HS

Yeah...I've been running 6766's since 2012.  205.7mph was the best I managed before I twisted the 6 speed.  207.9mph with the auto. The event is a ton of fun.  Just be sure the car is buttoned up nicely on the safety front.  No walls to bounce off of....once you go it's roll time.  

Get her ready and bring her down.  Always a good time in Beeville.

HS

Yup. Version two of the suspension and chassis should be up to the task at hand.

I'm anxious to get out and do something with the car. Watching it lighten the wallet is not the fun part

Rob - don't know if Karl plans on making TX.  He did some test passes at Mojave and the car is absolutely bad ass.  His build is not ordinary....he's got some stuff that's far from cookie cutter.  Lots of testing with his passes and I'm hoping he gets it back out there again before long to see if he's comfortable with all the changes he's incorporated.  I think that will be a key point to whether he heads to Beeville in October.

LMAO, Denis...

HS

I loves me a good gif, JB.....

ha3-1_zpsfe73bffb.gif

Well, I'll have to make a call end of next week as to whether or not to register for the Texas Mile in October.  Time is getting tight.  If I still don't have all the parts in by then I might have to take a pass.  Hopefully the turbo kit will ship this week.

HS