Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiSam

Twin Turbo Rebuild Part Something Or Other...

277 posts in this topic

The good news....A.J. has the car running and it's water tight.  No leaks which will be a nice change assuming that holds under track load.  I had fluid issues all over the damn place I was battling at the track which could make it colorful...PS cooler, moroso trans pan, 9" front seal, dip stick popping out and flinging oil on the PS wheel, breather system...I could go on.  The build looks more buttoned down than it ever has been from the pics.  A.J.'s work is extremely tidy and he's taken care to make it serviceable which was previously partly lacking.  I'm sure J.L. and others can attest to the work.  

I'm beginning to question making the Mile April 1 with the car.  I'll be there regardless...haven't missed an event since 2010 and I'm not going to start now.  It's a month and a half away.  The final buttoning up is underway and then there is tuning on dyno and street, and shipping.  It's a mile car and it'll be a year since I've run the mile by this event so I have my fingers crossed that a rabbit will pop.  TBD.

I'll make CF7 with or without the car as well.  Too many good friends to miss that event.

I'm done testing cars at races like I've done in the past so I'm going to be deliberate vs crazy ass ho like in the past chasing a number.  There's no number to chase anymore.  Just run 200mph+ at the mile, deep 9's at the quarter on an unprepped track, put her on the trailer and talk smack over rum drinks with my pals.  This is the last hoorah for me and the big gal and I'm way good with that.  Been at it since 2009....crazy.  

HS

Sammy, I'm super stoked for ya brother. She's gonna be a whole new animal this go around. Hell, looks like we'll even be able to change the oil without having to remove the turbos. lol.

Rum drinks and good times ahead.

ac5ee4fc2fae5fea365288fd5efdef02.jpg

Good stuff Sam.  You know the rule I live by when it comes to car changes and events.  The Mile is a whole different ball game.  Smart to be deliberate.  Looking forward to seeing you either way.  You too Burles! 

Thanks, Cam.  Hope you can make it to one of these events once your calendars eases for ya and the fam.

Money shot, JB.  Flying Evlises FTMFW!  See ya in April....twice I hope.

J...thanks, brotherman.  Looking forward to seeing you and Malena again.

:D

HS

Thanks, Rob.  Really good to see that big bad ass wagon in the 8's at full weight...that's the real deal.

Much appreciated, John.  Can't wait to see your ride in its current state....whole lotta goodness.

Hopefully I'll get to see you guys at CF7.

HS

Quick 30 event at Royal Purple Raceway yesterday.  Big shout out to Kenny and his family, James (oSo), Chris and my good friend and neighbor Jim.

It was a good day.

RPR%20Nov%202017%20dirty%20girl.jpg

RPR%20Nov%202017%20bad%20ass.jpg

8%20sec%20fast.jpg

Car is strong, A.J.  Thanks.  Going to ask you for the ATI contact info to see if we can get a roller bearing tailshaft for the 4L80E.

HS

Thanks a bunch, All!

Car has been through a lot of turns since 2009.  Nice to make passes without blowing off the tires or breaking and putting her on the trailer without the winch...lol.

She ran strong at the Mile and hit my number and now broke into the 8's leaving soft.  That was the last milestone I committed to.  I think there's a bit more rpm, but I'm not planning on going overboard with boost, etc...  Would like to keep her together for a while this time :D

Cam - 3.25 currently.  

HS

Awesome!!!! Good job man!!!!! That thing is a beast!

Thanks a bunch, All!

Car has been through a lot of turns since 2009. Nice to make passes without blowing off the tires or breaking and putting her on the trailer without the winch...lol.

She ran strong at the Mile and hit my number and now broke into the 8's leaving soft. That was the last milestone I committed to. I think there's a bit more rpm, but I'm not planning on going overboard with boost, etc... Would like to keep her together for a while this time :D

Cam - 3.25 currently.

HS

WhT kind of rpm are you spinning at the end?