Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

08superbee#513

Pwr426 Twin Turbo Build

69 posts in this topic

Anytime man always comforting to hear right now. It will be a year next month for my pops. Very difficult for me still but im going on.

So tim have any update on how soon he will be on your hot rod?

He has 3 other projects besides mine so he is very busy. I believe he just finished one so I'm not sure which one is next. I will hit him up next week possibly just to see how things are with the projects. I'm not sure how he is tackling them.

talked with Tim and he said he could see me back in my car by august.  he will tear into it in about 2 weeks when he is done with 1 other car!  I will not say who's car unless he wants me to but its truly a sick build.  guess when I graduate in may im going to have to step up my build lol.  I will give it a few months of testing before I decide though.  just depends on whether my nag will hold up or not. 

I hope you are wrong but I have that feeling also.  there will be no drag racing though for the next year while finishing my degree.  after that my build might be going back to get sleeved or more cui and bigger turbos if not satisfied lol.

I will just cross that bridge when it gets there, but I really do hope it last for awhile as I was told it was easily good for my goal 1000whp and would hold up to 1200whp but I guess we shall see.  either way I just want to enjoy the car for atleast a year then I can do whatever I need or want when out of school.  until then wife wants it finished and left alone lol.

best outcome is the car is all I want power wise and I leave it alone like you guys keep telling my stubborn ass and just enjoy it until it needs rebuilt and go from there.  scott how well has the shr trans held up to high hp builds especially considering i am not drag racing, but rather playing on the street here and there mostly from pulls? 

The hardest thing on a trans behind turbos is heat. When you start to spool the turbos the converter heats up quickly. If your off and on the throttle at every corner or stoplight. Your time is gonna be very short lived. No matter the trans you have in place.

Agreed! Ready to see all your threads come to a close with a happy ending! You've def been around the block a time or two with your build.....would love to hear how this thing traps through the quarter tuned properly

Talked with Tim and the car is doing great.  He is working on the e85 street tune as I am typing this.  Right now he is waiting on the exhaust piping to run straight pipes through the back.  I am very excited by the news and can not wait as the car is so close to being done.  So glad scott and tom mentioned tim he is doing everything asked and more and is straight forward. 

Once car gets running would like to see this car in person. Not far away in Wichita. They normally have a street car event in May maybe get you and Jaramie come down for it if both cars running by then.

Troy

rights on aves.  car is getting close had to waiting on some bends for piping to come in as Tim knocks out the little things on my list for the car.  should be done in next week or two.

Mines at the chassis shop now new tubular k member kit, trans tunnel, engine plate mounted, fuel cell god knows what else. Might sit it aside again afterwards but not gonna highjack the thread why.

Paul cool your cars getting tinkered with. Be awesome to see you finally enjoy it and be finished and done after all this time.

ran into what we believe is tcm acting up.  car made 680tq at 3700rpm's before going into limp mode.  does fine on the street but after being flashed started to act up.  Thanks to cam and chris hull for getting me builder bills number he is taking care of me on a tcm. 

thanks to builder bill for the quick turnaround as he got it shipped out asap and will be arriving at tim's place Wednesday. 6500 shift point with rev limiter set at 7300. with the electronic lag car will probably be shifting at or near 7k. hopefully no more limp modes after this on the dyno.

With the kind of power you are pushing, I would have recommended the 6200. The 6500 only gives you 800rpm buffer before limp mode. Not enough on a 1000rwhp application in my experience. It might be fine for a little bit but too much as it wears.

What kind of limp mode were you seeing at 3700rpm? The only time I have seen that is when it sets an incorrect gear ratio fault.

J

not sure he just said it went into limp mode and would not shift on the dyno however on the street it was perfectly fine.  unfortunately his dyno went down so he has not got to dive into it but did say it was corrected and shifted fine on the dyno.  hopefully this week he will be able to get on it some more and maybe even finish it. 

car made 1100rwhp at 5500rpms before running out of pumps at 17lbs boost on e85.  car is all but done.  had the choice of detuning or going larger pumps.  I will be going larger pumps than the 255's. can not wait to see what the final numbers will be fully tuned through out the entire rpm range.