Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HemiSam

Lone Star Mopar Fest 2015

121 posts in this topic

Had a total blast this weekend, thanks to the folks that put this on, what a team.  Really, great team effort, I was very impressed and everyone was very classy.  Well not too classy :)  I got to meet some folks in person for the first time having known them online for almost 10 years.  My man Bo, we were playing with nitrous when nitrous was still cool, lol.  Rob and Sam, you guys are the bombdigitty as you know.  Great to see some of my buds from the MSHS events and Challengerfest, neat to see a bunch of us making the trip.

Having organized HEMI track events for 8 or so years now I am used to some of the complaints and of course some of the praise.  It is very difficult to please everyone but I think what I saw were several hundred people smiling in TX.  Sounds like the event hit a homerun to its targeted crowd.  Its a primarily street tire event which right away is a game changer for those looking to run a number.  I preach it, cant blame the track for everything, some responsibility falls on the car and its setup.  But that being said, I wouldnt change a thing, Lonestar Moparfest is a total win.  

Now lets get some of you serious racers to an MSHS event and we will get it done for some hardcore racing.  I envy the laid back party type atmosphere they had at Lonestar, wouldnt be so laid back when you are racing for 10 or 20 thousand dollars in prize money.  Thats the big difference, its for fun and that hands down was achieved.  Congrats to all involved.

True to form. Always a commentator but never a doer.

Mobilize a team with that big keyboard of yours and start an event that caters to the "guys that built something to race".

Or maybe start by saving some of those commission earnings and take your car to a MSHS event.

Fuck you Rob. Just a tiny bit of effort on the track prep would go a long way. Track prep caters to everyone including the guys that came to run a PB you fucktard.

Commission earnings? Do you even know what tha fuck I do? Go get back on the nuts of the leaders in the lights & wheels club.

Fuck you Rob. Just a tiny bit of effort on the track prep would go a long way. Track prep caters to everyone including the guys that came to run a PB you fucktard.

Commission earnings? Do you even know what tha fuck I do? Go get back on the nuts of the leaders in the lights & wheels club.

Don't know you but I do know Rob, not right at all to say fuck you Rob.

Don't know you but I do know Rob, not right at all to say fuck you Rob.

I don't know man....whoever "rob" is just said some pretty shitty ass comments to him.....I think a fuck you was in order. Also, he is absolutely correct.....a little bit of track prep would go a long way. If your going to have a day guys can race their shit.....track prep is just a must or it just becomes pointless unless your running 13s. Cool get together.......no track prep

LMFAO!!!!! Lights and wheels guys!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaahahahahaha! You gotta admit, that was funny! :)

...LMFAO!!!!! Lights and wheels guys!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaahahahahaha! You gotta admit, that was funny! :)

Idknoow, not enough for an "f" in the lmao and certainly not for 10 extra ha's. I think just a ha-ha was more in order. lol.

Pretty much what the man said, for the 13 second people. Take the $100,000 race car and go race the big boys. For real money,if not just use it for a test and tune. Not all tracks are perfect. Learn something instead of throwing money at it

How bout this? Fuck Rob. No prompting, just fuck him.

Nobody is asking for a NHRA top fuel track but there are public streets in Houston with better prep than that track. I heard several guys comment on the poor track/prep/effort. Nobody expected the best ever but at least something worth driving on. I'm well aware it's not a race event but again, a little effort would be nice.

I had fun with my friends, drank a few and avoided the lights show so it wasn't a bad day.

Idknoow, not enough for an "f" in the lmao and certainly not for 10 extra ha's. I think just a ha-ha was more in order. lol.

Nope! That was straight up funny! lol! Guess we just have different senses of humor :)

I'm happy to know someone else gets it ????

Nope! That was straight up funny! lol! Guess we just have different senses of humor :)

Idk about straight up though, it was a little curvy, bumpy, & dry for two to be on about...lol

They need some grass prep is what they need.  I rolled my ankle on a friggn hole in the grass yesterday.  Hurt like shit, used it all afternoon stomping on the gas, and today I look like I have a baseball sticking out the side of my ankle.  For me, that's a bigger bitch than track prep :)    Maybe a 'fuck you Rob' will make it feel better :D   ...nope, still hurts. 

They need some grass prep is what they need. I rolled my ankle on a friggn hole in the grass yesterday. Hurt like shit, used it all afternoon stomping on the gas, and today I look like I have a baseball sticking out the side of my ankle. For me, that's a bigger bitch than track prep :) Maybe a 'fuck you Rob' will make it feel better :D ...nope, still hurts.

Look at the bright side now you have there balls

Had a great time.  Sorry I didn't get to see some of the guys in person like James and Murray.  I was around but as we all know it's a big place and there's a lot going on.

As always, great to see my friends from BT.  Burls....I want my liver back.  Scott...good seeing you again, buddy.  Ms. Tina...it was a pleasure.  You smell great :D  Good to see Nick also.  I was bummed Ms. Heidi and Erik & Wendy couldn't make out.  I know there's a lot going on at work.

My boy Andy  Eastcoastmoparts....what a gent and what a pleasure as always, brother.  Glad you got to meet my wife and boy at the house.

Dan....wonderful seeing you there, buddy, despite the mustang...LMAO.  You have a lovely wife.  

Kenny - thanks for coming out, brotherman.  I'll see you at the Mile next weekend.  Big smooch to Ms. Monica.  Let me know if you have issues with the parts.  Hopefully they suit the build.

Too many good people to mention...great seeing all of you and hanging out.  The local liquor stores made out pretty damn well...

To the event organizers, you did another banner job.  The HEMI Hideout and the quality of organization and options are exceptional. Proud to be considered an SCLXer.  You always treat me well and it's much appreciated.  I'll try to behave next time, Rob, but ya know me...

As for the whining....Lonestar Motorsports Park is what it is.  We all know that.  I managed to run a 10 in a stick car in 2011 and it was hot.  You work with what ya got....  I saw some great driving.  Some less so, but there was a lot of fun being had and no one got hurt.  Bonus.

Here's to 2016!

:D

HS

Sam I surely missed being there and I know BFNY is slammed right now getting cars ready for Atco.

I had a flght booked to meet Burls up in CLT to fly in to Houston on Thursday but American delayed my flight from here for maintenance and then it was canned all together.  The booked me on a flight for Friday in the later afternoon but that put me in Friday just after 7 at night with basically a day and a half on the ground then an early morning flight back on Sunday I felt the resources could be better used on a future company travel day and took the refund on the ticket.  

LSMF is always a great time and well run fun.  Can't wait till next year will be back!  Have a great time at the Mile this weekend.  See you again soon.  

Sam I surely missed being there and I know BFNY is slammed right now getting cars ready for Atco.

I had a flght booked to meet Burls up in CLT to fly in to Houston on Thursday but American delayed my flight from here for maintenance and then it was canned all together.  The booked me on a flight for Friday in the later afternoon but that put me in Friday just after 7 at night with basically a day and a half on the ground then an early morning flight back on Sunday I felt the resources could be better used on a future company travel day and took the refund on the ticket.  

LSMF is always a great time and well run fun.  Can't wait till next year will be back!  Have a great time at the Mile this weekend.  See you again soon.  

We missed you, Heidi.  Hopefully won't be too long before we get to visit again.  Completely understand about schedule...too few days in an hour  :D

Thanks for the well wishes.  Looks like we'll see a fair amount of rain in Beeville this time around, but it won't keep me from having a good time.

HS

They need some grass prep is what they need. I rolled my ankle on a friggn hole in the grass yesterday. Hurt like shit, used it all afternoon stomping on the gas, and today I look like I have a baseball sticking out the side of my ankle. For me, that's a bigger bitch than track prep :) Maybe a 'fuck you Rob' will make it feel better :D ...nope, still hurts.

How's the ankle man?