Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

YLWJKT

Piss Poor Customer Service From Arrington....again

41 posts in this topic

I called Arrington mid day on Monday looking for a replacemnt carbon fiber tube for my Arrington CAI.

The rep said he did not have the part number for the component, but said he'd call me later in the day or Tuesday morning at the latest with pricing.

Fast forward to Thursday a.m, and no call back yet.

Big surprise right?

I called and left a voice mail for the rep.

After still not receiving a call at 3:30 this afternoon I called to follow up and got the rep's voice mail, again.

In frustration I called back and got a hold of a second rep who is now supposed to be getting me the part number. One can hope, correct?

Funny when I asked the first rep on Monday if they had been busy, the first thing out of the his mouth was "Things have really gotten better around here since we cleaned house and made some changes."

Sounds like they still have some work to do.......

Well shit man, the other day I called, talked to Greg about my fuel pump issue, he told me he would not be able to get back to for 3-4 hours. Few hours later I got an email with an answer.

Sometimes shit happens, and you need to keep after people to get what you want, blow the fucking phone up there.

I am not defending anyone or being a fanboy here, I deal with customer issues every day, and sometimes you forget to write something down, shit slips away from you.

Well shit man, the other day I called, talked to Greg about my fuel pump issue, he told me he would not be able to get back to for 3-4 hours. Few hours later I got an email with an answer.

Sometimes shit happens, and you need to keep after people to get what you want, blow the fucking phone up there.

I am not defending anyone or being a fanboy here, I deal with customer issues every day, and sometimes you forget to write something down, shit slips away from you.

I understand that. However, at least in my experience, this is standard operating procedure anytime I have dealt with Arrington over the last 5 years, the exception being whenever I had dealt with A.J..

It's been bad enough that in all honesty I'll go out of my way to try to find what I need anywhere BUT Arrington. In this case this is an Arrington exclusive part so I'm held hostage.

In your case and the example you posted above, let's be realistic.

I'm very certain Arrington knows who Alan Pederson is and that you own MMF.

I highly doubt they DON'T do anything but jump through their ass for you. :P

Full swing vaca season. Doesnt return a call in 2 days. Yipee ka yay.

"Vacation season" doesn't really fly, because that's been my experience almost every time I've called up there.

I'm glad not getting a phone call back for 2 or 3 days is o.k. for you.

I on the other hand expect a quicker response to my inquiries.

I understand that. However, at least in my experience, this is standard operating procedure anytime I have dealt with Arrington over the last 5 years, the exception being whenever I had dealt with A.J..

It's been bad enough that in all honesty I'll go out of my way to try to find what I need anywhere BUT Arrington. In this case this is an Arrington exclusive part so I'm held hostage.

In your case and the example you posted above, let's be realistic.

I'm very certain Arrington knows who Alan Pederson is and that you own MMF.

I highly doubt they DON'T do anything but jump through their ass for you. :P

Well I have no idea if that is the case. Is it possible? Sure, I don't know though, I have no idea if that is the case. I don't expect special treatment..... ever.

Look I know I'm not big potatoes. I've spent maybe $20k with Arrington over the last 5 years between 3 cars.

But I also don't think I'm asking too much to expect a return phone call within the time frame I was told I would receive one.

Let alone 3 days later, and only AFTER I had left 2 voice mails, spoke to another rep and created this thread.

I can also state that it's not par for the course with many of the other vendors that I deal with within the Mopar world. Most have been really good at customer service.

You guys are killing me. The more i see this kinda stuff. The more i ponder opening up shop. Between massive costs to forgetful services. I can tell you if you want to spend a dollar with me. Your just as valuable as the guy who spends 100k. No other way anybody should run it different. Dont take on bigger than one can replace. It just pisses me off to no end. I understand one has to make a living but you dont just get the mansion on your first order. To many get pwr'ed cuz of this mind set.

I have some ends to tie up this fall. Im gonna put it on the table with some investors. See what we can come up with come 2016.

Patrick,

I just recently received a call from a good customer of mine in regards to " a post on MMF regarding us" 

Your quote below...

"Funny when I asked the first rep on Tuesday if they had been busy, the first thing out of the his mouth was "Things have really gotten better around here since we cleaned house and made some changes."

Sounds like they still have some work to do......."

This is Wyatt, I was the rep you spoke with that day. Your request for the replacement carbon tube for a cai setup. This is not a part we typically sell.  Explaining the second rep that you got a hold of not having a part # readily available. Once I received your request and need for this individual part when we initially spoke I tried to see if we could break up a fully assembled cai setup in efforts to help you. I also researched your past orders and gathered info to see which setup we were producing at that time of your order to get you the correct part instead of shipping you something and it not being correct. For a time there we made shorter tubes with a billet ring on the end for our forced induction setups. This one we did not have any of and would need to be made. I later found out you would require the newer style.   We had multiple complete units of these assembled ready to ship upon order.  We assemble all of the cai setups and order all parts accordingly. I had to check to see if we could break up an assembled kit as an option to help you out replacing your worn part. Once I did this and got the ok,  my parts director/ manager was on vacation this week so I had no pricing readily available on this, I took it upon myself to try to do the research to break down the bill of materials to get you a price on only the carbon tube. This took some time.  I had it all wrapped up today. Today I had 2 customers pick up vehicles, one was a beautiful B5 blue Rt with a heads / cam setup and another a 73 Charger with a 6.1 426 conversion. I also had a Magnum being dropped off for a 410 stroker setup. Any of the guys on here that have dealt with me know when I have a customer show up they get my direct attention. We take the car for a drive and make sure they are happy upon pickup etc.... This takes some time. When customers drop off I take them on a tour through the shop explaining each step of the process. This did take some time today. Upon returning to my desk Greg informed me that you just called and were inquiring on your replacement tube for your cold air. I immediately called you back as I had already done the research and had your info at my desk and pricing available. Despite your beliefs this action to call you was not prompted due to a forum post. You can see this by the last time I logged in here. It was simply by a message to call you. That's when we got your order complete. I had you on my list to call by end of the day today.  After we hung up I checked voicemails and I had received 2 from you this afternoon while I was away with customers in the shop. Obviously we had already spoken and were in email contact at that point. If you leave a voicemail for me it will be returned that day. I apologize you had to wait an additional day or so for this particular part and return call however I needed correct info for you rather than guessing at it. I have the order placed and will get you your tracking asap.  I can understand your urgent need for your replacement cold air tube and for your wait am willing to pay out of my own pocket to get you expedited shipping if you like rather than the standard ups ground which takes 4 days to your location. This should compensate for your time lost and get it there at the same time as if it were shipped yesterday. My mistake. I apologize.  There you go full disclosure, hope this helps explain this to you and the others on the forum here. Now back to dinner with my family.

And I stand behind what I said about things being better at API, they are. Instead of having superchargers ship in 3-5 weeks we stock several on the shelf now ready to go and others are shipping within 3-10 days. Drop in pistons/rods, cam setups, Tb's cai's all are stocked up. Engines are being built in estimated 3 weeks from the time the cores hit the door. Builds are now flowing through the shop with no lapse. Things are improving at API and we do have further to go as we are constantly wanting to improve, we are busy and I am thankful for that.

-Wyatt

This is what this forum has come too?

Pissing about no phone call back after 2 days for CAI piece? This is how you handle that? ...lol

I take it all back if OP is a woman.

I used to deal with a business that was a one man show and it was slow,like 6 weeks to get shocks,  but his shit kicked ass so that was just part of the deal. I wouldnt bitch about 2 days.

And if people think a bigger project or expendeture puts them to the front of the line, think again, a honest business with integrity doesnt do shit that way.

Pissing about no phone call back after 2 days for CAI piece? This is how you handle that? ...lol

I take it all back if OP is a woman.[/quote

A CAI piece that is damaged and prevents the car from being driven. Yeah, I'd say that's probably important.

Regardless, whether it's for an inconsequential part or not, if you're going to commit to calling a customer back "this afternoon or tomorrow", then call him back within the time you've committed to.

Not 3 days and a couple of voicemails later.

I have run my own business for 14 years, after running others for almost another 15.

A standing rule is customers are always contacted back within 24 hours of an initial inquiry.

Even if we do not have a complete resolution to their request, they are at least updated with where we are on the inquiry.

It's a sad statement of affairs when a 3 day response is not only acceptable, but you're berated for expecting a more timely response.

If this was a one time deal I'd be much more understanding. Unfortunately I've encountered this multiple times in the last few years with Arrington, in everything from my TCM purchase, shortages on parts on my second supercharger purchase, aborted pulley purchase, idler pulley dog bone and initial CAI purchase. Today I finally vented.

I don't want to jump on the fanboy bandwagon, but I've always had great service with Arrington. I've probably spent around $12,000 with them and always e-mail with questions first. I do not expect to be treated any better than someone buying a $5 product either. I usually give it three days then try again if it's Arrington. However, I do have the same problem you're having now with Speedlogix. I've had an open PM with them for almost a month with no answer.

I take it all back if OP is a woman.

hold on. Ill get right back to ya for your answer.

Patrick,

I just recently received a call from a good customer of mine in regards to " a post on MMF regarding us" 

Your quote below...

"Funny when I asked the first rep on Tuesday if they had been busy, the first thing out of the his mouth was "Things have really gotten better around here since we cleaned house and made some changes."

Sounds like they still have some work to do......."

This is Wyatt, I was the rep you spoke with that day. Your request for the replacement carbon tube for a cai setup. This is not a part we typically sell.  Explaining the second rep that you got a hold of not having a part # readily available. Once I received your request and need for this individual part when we initially spoke I tried to see if we could break up a fully assembled cai setup in efforts to help you. I also researched your past orders and gathered info to see which setup we were producing at that time of your order to get you the correct part instead of shipping you something and it not being correct. For a time there we made shorter tubes with a billet ring on the end for our forced induction setups. This one we did not have any of and would need to be made. I later found out you would require the newer style.   We had multiple complete units of these assembled ready to ship upon order.  We assemble all of the cai setups and order all parts accordingly. I had to check to see if we could break up an assembled kit as an option to help you out replacing your worn part. Once I did this and got the ok,  my parts director/ manager was on vacation this week so I had no pricing readily available on this, I took it upon myself to try to do the research to break down the bill of materials to get you a price on only the carbon tube. This took some time.  I had it all wrapped up today. Today I had 2 customers pick up vehicles, one was a beautiful B5 blue Rt with a heads / cam setup and another a 73 Charger with a 6.1 426 conversion. I also had a Magnum being dropped off for a 410 stroker setup. Any of the guys on here that have dealt with me know when I have a customer show up they get my direct attention. We take the car for a drive and make sure they are happy upon pickup etc.... This takes some time. When customers drop off I take them on a tour through the shop explaining each step of the process. This did take some time today. Upon returning to my desk Greg informed me that you just called and were inquiring on your replacement tube for your cold air. I immediately called you back as I had already done the research and had your info at my desk and pricing available. Despite your beliefs this action to call you was not prompted due to a forum post. You can see this by the last time I logged in here. It was simply by a message to call you. That's when we got your order complete. I had you on my list to call by end of the day today.  After we hung up I checked voicemails and I had received 2 from you this afternoon while I was away with customers in the shop. Obviously we had already spoken and were in email contact at that point. If you leave a voicemail for me it will be returned that day. I apologize you had to wait an additional day or so for this particular part and return call however I needed correct info for you rather than guessing at it. I have the order placed and will get you your tracking asap.  I can understand your urgent need for your replacement cold air tube and for your wait am willing to pay out of my own pocket to get you expedited shipping if you like rather than the standard ups ground which takes 4 days to your location. This should compensate for your time lost and get it there at the same time as if it were shipped yesterday. My mistake. I apologize.  There you go full disclosure, hope this helps explain this to you and the others on the forum here. Now back to dinner with my family.

And I stand behind what I said about things being better at API, they are. Instead of having superchargers ship in 3-5 weeks we stock several on the shelf now ready to go and others are shipping within 3-10 days. Drop in pistons/rods, cam setups, Tb's cai's all are stocked up. Engines are being built in estimated 3 weeks from the time the cores hit the door. Builds are now flowing through the shop with no lapse. Things are improving at API and we do have further to go as we are constantly wanting to improve, we are busy and I am thankful for that.

-Wyatt

Not sure how much more you can do than this....  ^^

Alan, maybe you're being obtuse, or maybe I'm just being hard headed.

What I expect is a return call within the time frame that was committed, not 3 days later.

And at least from my perception, that was only after I had to reach out to a second rep.

While shit does happen, when it happens on a regular basis with a particular company, I'm going to call them out for it.

Wyatt, if you're still reading this, that's what makes the difference between an o.k. salesman and an exemplary one. The "go to" guy who people WANT to deal with.

Communication, especially in this day and age, is key.

A simple call, or 3 second e mail of "hey, I'm still researching xyz and will get back to you by xx" , fosters confidence in the customer that he's being taken care of. It would have taken you much less time to do then respond to this post

Radio silence for 3 days/missing committed call back dead lines that you set do not tend to foster much confidence.

Add previous experiences of being charged more than quoted pricing, being told an item was shipped only to find out a week later it wasn't-twice, having to chase down contact within your company to resolve multiple missing parts issues in the middle of a supercharger install (to be fair that individual is no longer there I'm told), and it all adds up.

When I first came to this forum I was a strong Arrington proponent and defender. Experience has changed that.

Being honest, I have had nothing but poor to shitty experiences with Arrington. I haven't dealt with them since last year and if some people get great service from them that's cool.

Their communication was and appears to still be bad. Their shipping was worse. Their accounting was great. It only took 14 months to issue a credit that was promised. They had great salesman. Talked a great line. However they couldn't back up the sales talk.

My advice OP is to find a new CAI. Then you don't have to deal with Arrington.

I appreciate the forum members putting their thoughts down, whether fan boy or not. Just remember that at this time last year most people were defending PWR. I have used people's opinions here to buy parts, tuning ect. So far its a mixed bag of results.

To the people saying it's only 2 days. Maybe but it's his 2 days. You get a finite amount of them.

I get where if someone expects a return call in 2 days because they said they would, and how it can make a guy feel like they are blowing him off. That feeling of being blown off or forgotten about can piss a guy off. In a lot of cases the customer needs to weigh the whole situation out, give the business a chance, like a week, before throwing them under the bus. I have never bought a single item from Arrington, there shit is expensive, but Wyatt giving enough of a shit to get on here and defend himself without making the customer out to be a cry baby tells me he gives a shit about his business,customers and reputation more than just a little. Moving on...

Wyatt and I spoke in depth today. He addressed my issues with Arrington, as well as understood my point of veiw on the delay in communication. In his own words; "If I put myself in your shoes and haven't heard from Arrington in 3 days, I don't know if I'm still being handled of or if the ball has been dropped."

I appreciate Wyatt addressing the issue, as well as him reaching out to me this afternoon on the phone.

Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you handle them that shows character. In this case I have to give Wyatt credit for trying to make things right.

I've spent close to $50,000 with Arrington and for the most part have had very good customer service. My connection was Don Yates and Don knew that my type "A" personality required a little more effort. I think everyone knows that Don is no longer with Arrington. The only issue I had with Arrington was last year when they were going thru all their reorganization shit. My car sat from August to January with nothing done on it. Additionally once AJ left I had some concerns as AJ also always answered my emails in a timely manner.

Would I go back to Arrington.....not sure at this time. Will I berate Arrington.....no, because they have always tried to make things right for me. I will say that it's tough to return to Arrington when all my trusted connections from Arrington are no longer employed there.

Nicely handled Wyatt. From my own personal experiences with Wyatt.....he's 100 genuine. He's the only one I deal with there now. OP.....Why don't you just buy a new cai if it's preventing the car from being driven?