Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Hellcat Jeep Is Happening

26 posts in this topic

Shit is all over Facebook. Time will tell for sure.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/a-real-700-hp-jeep-grand-cherokee-hellcat-protoype-exis-1726763084

1403080693914620051.jpg1

There have been rumors for a little while now of the once-unthinkable happening – the 707-horsepower engine from the Dodge Hellcats getting stuffed into the frame of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, to make a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Now multiple reports say that Chrysler’s actually built one, and they’re showing it off.

But in secret meetings only, for now. Specifically, Fiat-Chrysler’s annual dealers meeting in Las Vegas.

The Next Dodge Charger Looks Like This: Report

The next Dodge Charger will ride on the same platform as the upcoming Alfa Romeo Giulia and has… undefined jalopnik.​com

Automotive News, user Ill_Mac on OppositeLock, and multiple forum postings are all in agreement saying that a Grand Cherokee Trackhawk prototype was not only on display, but that it was actually started up and sounded “insane.”

Don’t believe me on that last part? Just ask Ill_Mac:

Trackhawk Grand Cherokee was there. Sounded insane. 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, 700hp, starting at $79,999.

See? Sounds insane. Which makes sense, as we already know the Hellcats with pretty much the same engine will make you eat your own ears.

That acceleration time is corroborated by Allpar forum user Moparian, though AN gives a more conservative time of 3.5 seconds.

We’re actually a little bit skeptical of the 2.7 0-60 miles an hour figure, seeing as how that would make it faster than the Hellcat duo with a lot more weight, but the AWD traction advantage will certainly help. Either way I’m sure the real and most accurate answer to how fast the SUV is “fast enough to turn your eyeballs into nothing but slosh and jelly.”

There’s a whole bunch of other news trickling out from the show, with word of a new Jeep Wagoneer, a plug-in Chrysler Town and Country minivan, a Dodge Dart GLH, and a new Ram pickup being shown. Oh, and don’t forget the next Dodge Charger, which supposedly looks like a sweet, sweet concept from the late 1990s.

Dodge Dart GLH!

I hope this fucker doesn't come out for a while so I don't have to go trade in...

Anyhoo, word is the trans can't handle the weight to power from the blown mill so they were looking at detuning it.  I dunno, but I just hope it's a couple of years or I'm FUBAR.  

The 8-speed with paddles and the 6.4L is too much fuckin' fun for words.  It really took the edge off of my not having my blue car around.  Haven't missed it much, but that will change come October when the Mile hits...

:D

HS

Sam I just seen your car a few weeks ago. It's sitting there smiling. Waiting patiently , and was pretty clean to

Thanks for that, bud.  I haven't seen the challenger in a while.  Waiting is way overrated.  I'll have to make due with the Jeep till she's back...

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

HS

I love driving the wife's Hellcat Charger and will be tough not putting major miles on the car. Gonna buy another Hellcat (maybe Jeep) when they stop production of that V8. Was looking like 2018 but if that Fiat leader gets his way and merges with GM it could be sooner as I think SRT's will be done then. It is too depressing of a thought. Ugh.

Major cost savings from platform, engine, transmission and development sharing.

Funny, I have both genIII's and lsssssss's in my shop and the simularities just jump right out at ya :P

If the Jeep goes "Cat" ; unfortunately; one will be in my garage.......Jane is going to ruin everything by having to own one. GOD DAMN JEEP !!  At least she has great taste in men .:)