Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

66cuda

02 Sensors Help

So after owning SRT shorties and JBA catless mids I finally got around to installing them on my 5.7 R/T. I knew that the 02 code would come up, but I thought I could just turn them off with my predator, but I don't see that as an option. What can I do so that my check engine light doesn't keep coming on? Do I have to get a custom tune?

Also, for anyone else who upgraded from the stock manifolds, did your oil dipstick need to be bent a little to fit around the SRT shorties? I found that I had to bend mine a little.

Thanks for the help!

You'll need a custom tune to get rid of the CEL, but you'll want one anyway to get the most out of your new exhaust.

FYI, I put JBA long tubes on and had to do a little bending here and there of the dipstick tube. No big deal.

Do you have a table in your Predator under Closed Loop Enable called ECT Rear?  If so, that's the coolant temp in which the rear O2 sensors are enabled to participate in closed loop.  If you set that to an unattainable temp then the rear O2's will remain enabled but will not actually bother you with codes.  

I don't own a Predator so I don't know if you have access to this.  I would expect that you do.

On 2/22/2016 at 3:08 PM, Pector55 said:

Do you have a table in your Predator under Closed Loop Enable called ECT Rear?  If so, that's the coolant temp in which the rear O2 sensors are enabled to participate in closed loop.  If you set that to an unattainable temp then the rear O2's will remain enabled but will not actually bother you with codes.  

I don't own a Predator so I don't know if you have access to this.  I would expect that you do.

Is this option available with a trinity?  What temp would you set it to?  I can't get my car inspected right now because my 02 sensors are not cycling.  If i could fix this myself that would be fantastic!