Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

1FST4DR

New Product Hell Cat Supercharger By-Pass Cover

BUMP! lol 

Stevo

hahaha.  No thanks I think you have us confused with that other place in our neck of the woods we don't sell car wash stuff and we start early here and work late don't have time and tired at midnight when the thread bumps commence. :P

I'll bump that and pick up shipping for the first one to order. That's right "free shipping". Heidi I'll see you at atco to settle up

$50 Kevin!!!  We already are ponying up some $$ for the after race party I'll bring you a beverage and tell you a bed time story  lol  See you next weekend.

lol

;)

clicked on the link and went to the BT store......I've only purchased a couple minor things from BT, so I'm not a fan boy, but damn I really liked the "state of the union" address and know you have been huge supporters of the community.  Hats off to you!

but damn I really liked the "state of the union" address and know you have been huge supporters of the community.  Hats off to you!

+1  

"Just like you are, we are enthusiasts first. " is not a joke, and it shows.

"What you won’t get when dealing with Scott and 561speed.com is someone mindlessly thread bumping five-year old forum posts in the middle of the night"

lol   Ouch

clicked on the link and went to the BT store......I've only purchased a couple minor things from BT, so I'm not a fan boy, but damn I really liked the "state of the union" address and know you have been huge supporters of the community.  Hats off to you!

Thanks.  It was a struggle to include some of that stuff in there, but I have been asked about it when talking to clients on the phone or email since events happened at the beginning of the month so it needed to be addressed.  Some will be on board, some will be afraid and not come back and shop here.  

The company is an open book, and I will state for the record anyone we dealt with be it former employees or vendor partners doing a lot of business here as well as folks that work contract with us I always told them up front what was up with the financial health of the company.  It was no secrete to anyone here that starting the BT brand was the last shot for us to keep the biz running back in 2006 when we started building these products.  

When people depend on you for that check every week there should be a comfort level.  I can say proudly say we never took any customers money up front and in these online retail businesses its pretty common to do that.   There were times when it was really dicey and touch and go after we started the brand that we didn't know if we would be able to stay in business and those pending authorizations looked good some weeks when cash was tight.  It looks good to any biz then.   

Not once were credit cards charged up front and this was back in the day when we took paypal on the honor system we could have activated that pay now feature with Paypal and had a lot of cash on hand (a lot of or customers use Paypal). It would have been very easy to charge out that cash paid off some stuff and split.  Thats never the way.  

Every company has trials and errors and makes mistakes the one thing that can never be regained is if you take a clients money and split  trust is gone and sadly we have all read about those stories in this community and right here on this forum.  Can you mess up and loose a customer from a general Fubar?  Yes it does happen but you don't have their money no one's wallet was hurt and the customer is not out thousands of dollars. Does it make the client feel better hell no, and it sucks and bothers me when it does happen (its rare but the mess ups we have had are epic no doubts).  

Yep the biz owed a ton of cash to The IRS once you stroked in the penalties and interest in fact it ends up paying it back almost 3 times the amount when its all said and done.  No need to hide from it or sugar coat it, its happened and was handled.  Seriously for the amount of cash involved they could have just shut us down, but again all or records were audited for almost 10 years and if anyone has gone thru a full blown IRS audit its no fun believe me.  We keep good records and I keep all my emails and letters so it was pretty easy to work with them insofar as its easy to work with a situation like that lol.  Towards the end after the tax lawyer helped lay down the foundation I ended up working with the revenue officer directly on many of the installment agreement options.  Saved me some money and I had nothing to hide why?  Because I don't take a paycheck from this company. I get a car allowance of $600 a month and get to go travel to the fun events we like to do.  Thankfully we have other income that puts food on the table in my home. This business that is Billet Tech is my passion and I enjoy the people that work here as family.  

That ex-employee?  It hurts me every day that he is gone, not because the business suffered from his loss, it didn't in the long term only the short term.  He quit after an office spat with my pop, and gee guess what we get in arguements here at work ask Scott about that day I "fired him" lol and had I been a man he would have killed me that afternoon right boss ;).  

I work with passionate people and I am passionate about how I approach ife and my job.  Thats why the crew is in place here that is because they push me and I like to push them.  It creates a dynamic that works for our business and translates to the people personally when they meet us because its real.  

I could go into other details but part of owning a business is understanding that you do whats best for your business and your crew.  Sometimes the best and right thing to do for your biz is to lay it out there and let the information and chips fall where they should and just make sure when you do that you have everything in writing to weather the storm that will come when you have to do that. 

That all I am gonna say.  The same crew has been here since 1999 only two are gone and both of them that are gone now work for our biggest competitor one directly employed one manufacturing parts for them.  Thats how it works in the world and you adapt and move on.  :)

Sorry for being on that soapbox.  As far as being a fan of the product all good some of the best friends I have met during this adventure that has been Billet Tech don't own a single thing we make.  I'm a car nut first always will be even when this is gone.  

Thanks to everyone again for your support, and more importantly I'm really excited for Atco next weekend and seeing a lot of you all there!!

Heidi