Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

srt5939

Time Slips From Atco

36 posts in this topic

Thanks for another great year Dan.

Big thanks to all the sponsor's for making this happen year after year.

Aj really busted his ass this year working on my car for me. He has done one hell of a job building this car to perfection. This car is so clean and easy to work on it's rediculous. Jimmy and Brian are also to thank for the sweat and blood that has gone into making my car go 8's. Thanks Jim and Brian, you guy's rock.

Hellbent and Tony's Metal Craft also have done some fine fabrication work for me. Thanks to both of them for such professionalism and high quality craftmanship. I feel perfectly safe in this car, it meets or exceeds all NHRA saftey.

There is so much left in this car, we haven't even begun to dial it in yet. we have only been out two times with this build.

First time out the springs were detirmend to be junk and were causing big problems off the line.  Tony fixed that with some new Viking Springs and a quick shock recal. Now she is leaving better than she ever has.

We have three issue's now to strighten out , that we are aware of .

1. is to much first gear in the trans. the standard 2.48 gear is not gonna cut it.

2. is the wheels are spinning in the tires, need some bead locks.

3. is we are using all of the 3.51 rear gear going through the traps at 7000rpm.

The car should run 8.50 all day with out leaning on it once we fix these three things.

Can't even imagine how fast it will go if I put the N2O in it. Will probably be selling the Direct port soon.

hint hint

Looking forward to the long drive to Speedyfest.

John

post-21-0-37817900-1447026146_thumb.jpeg

post-21-0-39850500-1447026159_thumb.jpeg

post-21-0-45062700-1447026180_thumb.jpeg

post-21-0-62706300-1447026195_thumb.jpeg

Yes sir, your car is going to be insane when its really dialed in. Congrats on the 8 and Im looking forward to saying congrats on yoru 8.50

See you in the spring bud and as always I truly appreciate the support you have given me and the series through the years.

Congrats again John....good job to all involved. I know it's been a real struggle at times but to return to the scene of last years meltdown and run your 8 must have felt good.

Congrats John. Happy for you bud.

Your next Rob.

Really coming together John -glad for ya

Yep she is coming together now Jim. A few more test sesions and we should have her at the 8.50 mark.

Congrats again John....good job to all involved. I know it's been a real struggle at times but to return to the scene of last years meltdown and run your 8 must have felt good.

Thanks Justin, you and your brother are first class, always good to see and chat with you guys. Harrison's jeep is sick man. His mph is crazy fast.

Congrats on the 8. That thing is a animal!

Thanks, whoever you are lol

Awesome. Those are some impressive 60' numbers. Congratulations

Thanks bud, she's getting there.

Way to go John, lots left in the car.  It has been entertaining to say the least watching you get to this point,  - get it dialed in and take no prisoners.

Congrats.

Its been a Journey for sure. The car is a beast thanks for trusting me to take on such a big project!

Thanks

AJ

Glad to be part of the team bud.

EIGHTS man ... nice, congrats.

Just watching SRT5939 run is worth the price of admission.  Too bad I missed this.

always a good show when I'm at the tree. 

Way to go John, lots left in the car.  It has been entertaining to say the least watching you get to this point,  - get it dialed in and take no prisoners.

Congrats.

lol, you know how I roll, no quit in me either.

Congrats to everyone on this.  1.3 60' WOW.

I'll be seeing you soon jay, can't wait.

John, I couldn't be any happier for you hitting that first 8 second pass, it's been a long road and you are finally getting to a point where you can start to have fun again, a big congrats also on winning Super pro, who would have taken that bet starting on the first race of the season?

John