Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lizzer

Fastest Bolt On Vvt 5.7? New Pb

45 posts in this topic

Just ran a 12.2 with my bolt on R/T. I'm pretty sure this is the fastest full weight 5.7 just edging out chris1992.

Mods are in my signature. Running drag radials and the factory 20s up front.

20151108_182740_zpsshcilooe.jpg

Again, great job! No 'just' edging me out, as you're more than a full tenth ahead of me now lol. I don't think I'll be competing with that time using my 3.06 rear, so you and Jack will have to battle it out. He should have his 3.91s installed by next weekend.

Not to bust anyones bubble but Jon Dalton ran 11.71 with a stock eagle 5.7 and bolt ons 4 years ago.

I believe he had a lot of weight reduction done.I mentioned I am running no weight reduction.

Congrats on a great pass lizzer. Glad to see some 5.7 guys still getting after it.

To the rest of the gallery...

My 11.71 pass was indeed with a bolt-on only 5.7 vvt, and race weight was right around 4000 lbs. As Erik pointed out, that was 4 years ago (and three cars ago), so I don't recall all of the exact details. Whenever I posted time slips, they always included race weight and DA for reference.

What I do remember is that the car was still very much a street car at that point! I drove it from Ohio to Atco and back that year (as well as several other out of state events).

Full weight (whatever that really means... was the gas tank topped off? Washer bottle full? Change in the center console? EZ Pass on the windshield?) is different on every car.  Funny how some guys have to add "full weight" to their ET's like they are defending their laziness. I was proud of my efforts in finding innovative ways to shave pounds to go faster. Those efforts often included taking seats in and out of the car three times a week. I worked for those times. The timeslips were my rewards, and the records have held up for an awful long time. To be honest, I am surprised nobody else has even come close, as the platform has evolved quite a bit since those days.

I chuckle at the "full weight" comments myself.  You sir, take it to a whole new level though lol

I am going to build a nice rear seat delete for mine that will hopefully look factory once complete. 

Factory 20" wheels are heavier than 17" Welds or Bogarts.

Are front skinnies considered "full weight"?

Cat back with no resos still considered full weight?

How about a carbon fiber CAI?

Difference between running a full tank of gas and running with the low fuel light on is a full tenth.

Not to mention the weight difference in different drivers could easily be two tenths. ;)

You start adding these things up, and what does full weight really mean?

I think the term is silly.

If that's what you two need to keep up with the NA cars, so be it. lol

yup that's what I need and a whole lot more. :P  B)

I thought the topic was bolt on's with a vvt. hmmmm , I think NA is a very different dog. 

;) just for laughs, I don't care about anything but a new PB everytime I race.. B)

Not to mention the weight difference in different drivers could easily be two tenths. ;)

You start adding these things up, and what does full weight really mean?

Greg I think you got 3/10 under the belt. Better get the the gym

As Jon mentioned, full weight is a loose term, but it is nice to see bolt-on 5.7s dipping into the low 12s with a full interior.

Even though I wouldn't come close to an 11.71, I would like to see what my car would do with some weight taken out. With more than 153,000 miles on the odometer, a 3.06 open diff, the Techco suspension (which allows very little weight transfer), and additional weight from Brembos & speakers; I've been pretty happy with my car. Most people are pretty surprised to see my car click off 12.3 and 12.4s in positive DA.