Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ivoidwarranties

Whippled 405 Jeep Srt8

143 posts in this topic

When I got the short block, it came on an engine cradle for shipping.  It was nice enough that we threw some castors on it and used it to store the engine for a few months.  We have an engine stand but we like how low this sits and how the engine is supported compared to the engine stand.  The cradle has served us well and it was time to modify it a little bit.  It worked great for shipping but it was a little crooked, tilted to one side and leaned forward.  In general, it just wasn't square. 

IMG_2048.jpg

So my dad and I cut it up and added some additional bracing.

Grind.jpg

cradle_07.jpg

Some of the tools we have hidden around the garage.

tools_03.jpg

Squared up and test fitted.

cradle_01.jpg

Then I welded it back up.

weld.jpg

Painted up and ready for the Hemi.

cradle_02.jpg

The engine now sits straight and as an added bonus we can hang headers on the engine as well.

cradle_05.jpg

Money shots to come in the future.

I’ve moved on to cleaning up some wiring inside the engine bay.

More_Wiring_01.jpg

Here’s how level the engine sits on the new stand.

Level_01.jpg

We started to dress the engine.  All the sensors are installed.  The headers and the valve covers were thrown on for pictures.

405dress_01.jpg

All that gorgeous work and you put stock valve covers on??!! Shame on you ya slacker. :P

I stuck with stock for a couple reasons.  One, after everything is installed, the valve covers are almost completely hidden.  And "B", the cost of the other options is outrageous.  Might revisit this if I need to vent the valve covers.  I need help with this.

And "B", the cost of the other options is outrageous.  Might revisit this if I need to vent the valve covers.

I understand this, I had a set of 3gkustomz 1/2 covers and hated them, never even painted them, just resold them

Was looking at the a2speed covers myself but can't drop almost $400 on them from only the limited pics I have seen, maybe once I see a good pic of them installed I will decide they are worth the $$

Decided to paint the valve cover fasteners.

coverfasteners.jpg

coverfasteners_02.jpg

We’ve been doing some research on 8 rib pulley systems.  I really want to upgrade but it all hinges on the A/C pulley and water pump pulley which I need help with.

Here’s the difference between the idlers.

pulleys_01.jpg

pulleys_02.jpg

pulleys_03.jpg

The 6 rib idlers came with a three step spacer for the pulleys.

pulleys_04.jpg

If I ever get a chance to run the 8 rib setup, the idlers require 0.130” more on the spacer to make them line up correctly.  I had a machinist friend at work turn a couple new spacers for me.

Stepwasher_01.jpg

I understand this, I had a set of 3gkustomz 1/2 covers and hated them, never even painted them, just resold them

Was looking at the a2speed covers myself but can't drop almost $400 on them from only the limited pics I have seen, maybe once I see a good pic of them installed I will decide they are worth the $$

shit dude. I have them on my car. I wish you said something I woulda had you come to my house