Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FlyByU

2016 Mshs Class/rules/points Changes

45 posts in this topic

As we approach the season opener I'd like to address the MSHS License rule for Super Pro which is a change for 2016. I'm fairly certain everyone that runs in the class agrees that the rule is a good one. That being said, I also know it's a chore to get it done during the off season considering weather and in progress builds.

We have decided to allow one exemption from the MSHS license rule during the season. One and only one. That being said, tracks have their own guidelines which can come up. That is outside the MSHS influence and we are at the tracks mercy as well.

I hope this helps and influences our racers to do the safe thing! View the rules on our site.

http://hemirace.com/rules-tech/

Al's out of the mix, so is Lakey calling out H on his cage?

When will you learn to keep your mouth shut so you stop looking like an idiot?  I'm not calling anyone out.  My cage is only good to 8.50 and I plan on running at least that fast.  Of course the Tout ghost fleet of Challengers will no doubt be running 6s all season.

You opened Pandoras box again

Did you ever think about Pm'ing Dan in private  dick head

Plus your still chasing the ghost car for two years, three engines, three trans and a complete overhaul,LMAO

John just come and have fun, they never go A to B consistently anyway.

8.00 is not a real class either but this is the MSHS not the NHRA

Point taken John.  It's just that we've all spent a lot of effort on getting our cars legal to 8.50, and now people are surpassing that.  You only have to race at a National Trails, Kill-Kare, or other NHRA-owned track once to know how tight they can be on the rules.  Hence my original question to Dan on whether or not they've talked to the tracks about this or thought it through.  It would suck if we showed up and were forced to run an 8.50 index.  Personally I'd like to see a lot of low 8s and better from a lot of people this year.

We will see plenty of cars breaking the 8.50 mark I'm sure.  I don't think many tracks will enforce the rules since our event is mostly a track rental. I coould see the track in Ohio breking balls but not to many others. Running faster than 8.50 consistently is not going to be easy.

My stance has never changed since day one. I'm about having fun and I let the tracks enforce the rules as they are the experts. I wanted super pro as an 8.50 class but got out voted. Just come out and have fun and I'd be shocked if 8.00 is common, I'd expect it to be a once in a blue moon occurrence.

On the flip side, Atco has pressured me to get tighter on rules and that is where the nhra license rule for Super Pro came from. If we are going to go that quick we have to expect some sniffing to take place.

As John said we are normally a rental type event but when we run on Saturdays things get a little more tricky.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks Dan, that makes sense.  Hopefully we will see more people going fast and continuing to push the platform to the limit.  To me, that's what SP has always been about.

Thanks Dan, that makes sense. Hopefully we will see more people going fast and continuing to push the platform to the limit. To me, that's what SP has always been about.

In November we had over a dozen cars trying to enter SuperPro until tech inspection. 9 second jeeps with no cages were knocked back to the 11.50 class. We are gaining credibility they know what we are capable of now with our platform. We don't want a reputation of being reckless I urge everyone to get the right gear!

Thanks

AJ

If you are over 3600lbs, you can't get your cage certed below 8.50 anyway. NHRA inspector told Harrison that when he had his cage certified last time. Taking this platform to the next level and staying NHRA legal is going to be tough