Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schu-daddy

5.7 Vvt Cam Phaser Lock Kit?

Not sure if this is the right section to post but....I was wondering has anyone used the VVT phaser lock kit on their '09 and up 5.7 to get more of an aggressive cam? I know the kit is on backorder from Arrington. Curious if anyone has used it. I'm more into the drag racing seen than cruising around to car show seen. I have already a 6.1 intake, ported TB, LT headers, cai, and Nitrous Outlet plate. Would like to update the cam to something more aggressive and I know cam options are limited with VVT engines. Don't try to sell me on a VVT cam cause that's not my question, thanks.

Yes, I have it on mine with the 274 comp cam. And You're not that limited, you can get a custom grind through a shop and spec it out to be aggressive as you can (not always the way to go, but can be done I'm sure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

off topic, but what kind of gains did you see with the 6.1 intake and ported TB? looking to get started with the engine modifications on my 16 RT.

You won't see much with just those, more beneficial/gains to be had when you add more aggressive mods behind those two. So ide say just go FI and be done. IMO of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk