Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

3 pedals

6 Speed Shifters

I had the stock out of the box Hurst and it sucked ! installed the Larry's mod throw rod & bushing and it made a huge difference. I have a Barton sitting here to go in the car soon, Driven a couple cars with the Barton and its hands down better than even the modified Hurst.

I have grown to love the Hurst. I've not driven a Barton equipped car but the big difference between the Hurst and OEM was enough for me. I added the bronze bushing to the mix and all of it has made it good enough for me.

You can't go wrong either way.  The stock shifter sucked.  The Hurst was better, but a modded Hurst is even better.  The Barton and the modded Hurst seem to be comparable.

You can't go wrong either way.  The stock shifter sucked.  The Hurst was better, but a modded Hurst is even better.  The Barton and the modded Hurst seem to be comparable.

Not even on a good day... Barton is by far better than a Hurst even with Larry's mod. I have had all 3.

IMO. Granted both are short throws but the hurst has a shorter throw than the Barton. BUT the Barton is much more sturdier and has less noise.

I went with the Barton.

Not even on a good day... Barton is by far better than a Hurst even with Larry's mod. I have had all 3.

I have a modded Hurst in my car.  I helped a friend install a Barton in his.  I have driven both and the difference is negligible between the two to me.  Again, this is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions and assholes..................

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Linda I did have a kenne bell build and the cars working great. Couldn't have done it without the help from BFNY Erik and AJ. The car ran a best with the stock shifter of 10.80@134.33. I guess I'll be ordering up a Barton. Thanks

Get the Barton.  I have the modded Hurst and it's good but I have a Barton sitting on the work bench waiting to go in.  The engineering on the Barton is night and day ahead of the Hurst.  I'll be able to give a direct comparison soon.

One more thing I did was change the fluid in the trans.... I used Transynd 295. This is high tech fluid spec'd for Allison automatics. My tranny shifts as smooth as butter with the Barton and Transynd.

OBTW - Transynd 295 isn't cheap.. $40 a gal.