Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Teddyp

Apache Heads Worth Porting Keeping N/a????????

105 posts in this topic

while i am not in the same relm as most here i understand what it being said.. I am going to be doing motor work myself.. 

like speedy said parts is parts.. it is a matter of whom to get them from and where.. who has the best pricing.. AND who you trust.

Labor.. well that is different..  AND I GET IT. taking these turds apart is not easy. i have the motor out of mine right now. i can say for certain i am like speedy ( he has never met me ) but i am picky.. like when i talked to erik and he says alot of cars come thru that are more race cars. then he has the rare show car.. THAT IS ME.. paint location ect..  i am particular.. so when it comes to people working on my car.. if i can't do it i like speedy trust only a few. 

i guess in closing i totally understand someone like a.j. that is doing this as a living or eric vs a guy on a sat afternoon in a garage.

either way one thing for sure.. dodge cars cost more to work on then any other. 

Shit, all I did was ask if I should port my heads. Then I met this AJ guy and now I got dudes wanting to see a pair of tits!! lol lol. This forum is EXCELLENT!!! lol. Thanks for all the info, sorry for all the mess, and Stevo, show us YOUR tits! lol. Kidding.

Shit, all I did was ask if I should port my heads. Then I met this AJ guy and now I got dudes wanting to see a pair of tits!! lol lol. This forum is EXCELLENT!!! lol. Thanks for all the info, sorry for all the mess, and Stevo, show us YOUR tits! lol. Kidding.

You'll fit in just fine around here lol

My bigger question is why are Dodge parts so much more than Ford and Chevy.  That's the thing we should be getting looked in to.  I get recouping R&D investment so maybe it's lower sales due to lower volume of cars being modded vs the other guys?  That's all I can figure.

You'll fit in just fine around here lol

My bigger question is why are Dodge parts so much more than Ford and Chevy. That's the thing we should be getting looked in to. I get recouping R&D investment so maybe it's lower sales due to lower volume of cars being modded vs the other guys? That's all I can figure.

Because they sell about 1/3 to 1/4 of Ford and Chevys and of that only a handful of us modify them.....it's not rocket science to figure out. Want cheap? Sell your Challenger and buy a Camaro.

i was looking last yr.

this is a ruff challenger sales to date RUFF

2008 – 7209  2009 – 25852   2010 – 36791   2011 – 38534   2012 – 43119   2013 – 51462   2014 – 51,611   2015 – 51,949 (January through sept )

and then there is this

http://www.ibtimes.com/us-new-auto-sales-ford-mustang-has-surpassed-chevrolet-camaro-2015-sales-70-jump-2077741

so dodge is catching up..

My guess is since dodge in a whole is smaller than the other BIG 3 they can justify a premium

but if you look into the past 40yrs they have ALWAYS been higher and more ELUSIVE for parts... why that is  i have no clue.

i was looking last yr.

this is a ruff challenger sales to date RUFF

2008 – 7209 2009 – 25852 2010 – 36791 2011 – 38534 2012 – 43119 2013 – 51462 2014 – 51,611 2015 – 51,949 (January through sept )

and then there is this

http://www.ibtimes.com/us-new-auto-sales-ford-mustang-has-surpassed-chevrolet-camaro-2015-sales-70-jump-2077741

so dodge is catching up..

My guess is since dodge in a whole is smaller than the other BIG 3 they can justify a premium

but if you look into the past 40yrs they have ALWAYS been higher and more ELUSIVE for parts... why that is i have no clue.

check out the sales for v8 compared to mustang and camaro. Srt is probably less than 5k cars a year and 5.7s about 10-15k. I'd bet the Mustang is more than half of the sales

RIFLMBO

No worries Teddy.... You are in good hands with AJ. He runs a class act. He is one of the best Tuners we have in the Hemi Community. I can say this because I dealt with him at Arrington and my ride and I were treated very well.

OST did not chase any parts for me. I supplied everything. Micah did all the wrenching. Jay and Mani both recommended Micah. I went with that. He was a student at the time and I don't know what his door rate was. I just asked.... how much $$$ to do install this and this? This install was just before Challengerfest and I told OST that I was in no rush to get the car back. They had cars slotted in before CF. I told them to just pick away at it when you have time and do CF cars first. Car was at OST for a month.

This was 2 years ago. My apologies to everyone.... I should have kept my trap shut. Yes.... I got a deal.... I am thankful..... smart shopped parts and labour. Micah was just starting out. He helped me and my $$$ helped with tuition. I am grateful.

I guess maybe I was out of tune with today's pricing and comparing my 2 year old install with this quote was not fair. Cam install is no easy feat and the quote is in line. 

Stevo

No worries Teddy.... You are in good hands with AJ. He runs a class act. He is one of the best Tuners we have in the Hemi Community. I can say this because I dealt with him at Arrington and my ride and I were treated very well.

OST did not chase any parts for me. I supplied everything. Micah did all the wrenching. Jay and Mani both recommended Micah. I went with that. He was a student at the time and I don't know what his door rate was. I just asked.... how much $$$ to do install this and this? This install was just before Challengerfest and I told OST that I was in no rush to get the car back. They had cars slotted in before CF. I told them to just pick away at it when you have time and do CF cars first. Car was at OST for a month.

This was 2 years ago. My apologies to everyone.... I should have kept my trap shut. Yes.... I got a deal.... I am thankful..... smart shopped parts and labour. Micah was just starting out. He helped me and my $$$ helped with tuition. I am grateful.

I guess maybe I was out of tune with today's pricing and comparing my 2 year old install with this quote was not fair. Cam install is no easy feat and the quote is in line.

Stevo

My man Stevo. Stop apologizing. You shared the info you had, were called out on it, and explained everything. If you ask me you did more than most do on forums when called out. I for one am glad you participated. It gives new guys like myself a lesson in builders, types of parts, what guys are modding, and so on. This is all good info. The last thing I'd like to see is you "keep your trap shut". I like when others, who go out of their way, explain their comments and reasoning, give their advice, and continue to post. So, for my sake, the members here, and yourself, DONT keep your mouth shut. JUST SHOW US YOUR TITS DAM IT! lol.

Stevo is a class act. I will go on record as saying that, but I consider him a friend so I might be biased...

I still have some of his Canadian beer he gave me from a couple Challengerfests ago, and even one of those George Washington posters that got him a discount on parts.

This is really a good discussion. I don't think Stevo did anything wrong at all, we just needed the full story to put it into perspective. I thank you for the input Stevo!

Kind regards

AJ

When the cost came up about cam install I added mine up. One thing I hate to do. In the end it was around $3000. Half the cost for a blower. that was I think three years ago. Then had it removed because Andy sold me the wrong size cam. That cost me even more. Never having close to the power of a blower. I bought my eforce from Speedlogix on sale last Labor Day and put it on with my friend brucer41 then sold my intake for a Dyno tune to AJ. Teddy my advice is just put a blower on and be done. If your not racing keep the boost down 6 7 psi and you'll be fine. There's still a whole lot of power there for the street. AJ is good people and being 20 mins from him is a bonus,consider your lucky

Although I did the cam install myself it does take a fair amount of time, especially when one adds in springs and retainers. On top of that this is one area where the installer has to be extremely meticulous or else one could have catastrophic results. If I were paying for it I would not cheap out, there is too much inherent risk involved with saving a few bucks.