Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

no1special

1985 4X4 Lifted Ramcharger Getting A 6.4 Crate Motor Installed

hey guys, i finally am getting back to my baby after letting it sit since 2006. i blew the motor in it and parked it. i decided its time to get her up and running again. i have always wanted to put a new hemi in it, just needed too much fab work back then and i didnt have the time. now, they make kits do drop it in. i have a 2015 6.4 crate motor sitting in the crate........so in she goes! i will keep the stock 727 for now and simplicity of install. may upgrade later,but this will get her running. its lifted 4" with a rough country kit and has 114k miles on it. i am the second owner and got it with 80k on it. the guys over at star performance or star racing technologies here in houston agreed to take on this project and with big nate over there turning out some fine work for me in the past.......i am in good hands. im hoping this can come together in 3-4 months.....but this is custom work,so im realistic. anyway just thought id share with you guys my latest project

28A7540F-3706-4C80-9BD5-4B867FED5524_zpsE1B3ABBB-57B9-4F41-83E1-7D1751124288_zps41DD12F5-6EA2-4B10-B6C1-E9B53EFAA6F9_zps5BCC204D-13F5-435E-BA67-1362898FD067_zps

thanks guys! i have been wanting to retro a hemi into a older mopar for so long.....i am super excited about it. just something i love about that old truck. thanks for the encouragment :)

got the harness,pcm and tuner in today for the ramcharger. talked to star racing technologies today and they are hoping to have the motor physically in, in the next week. for me........its all down hill from that point smile.png i will take some pics of the motor once its in and keep this updated

87060409-C367-4462-BCE4-38437819C2ED_zps