Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CenTxRT

Lesson Learned

Made it to the semi finals last night bracket racing. All I had to do is beat this fast race bike and I was in the money. He was over a second faster than me so I left first by quite a bit. Good, tree, car pulling so good I'm afraid I'm going to breakout. I glance back for the bike as I'm nearing the traps and can't see him anywhere he's so far back (or so I thought) so I pedaled it once to keep from breaking out. He came flying past me and took the stripe by .01! I cussed myself the whole way home, but next time I'm in this situation I think I would rather breakout than give somebody the stripe in this way. Go ahead and call me stupid, I already have.....all the way home! (and it was an hour drive)

Damn!!! Sucks. Stay true to the confidence in your consistent driving times and don't sandbag, you'll never have to worry about breaking out and if you do; either way it's a win because most of the time you're beating a time never reached before on test race nights.

So would you have broke out? My car ALWAYS went faster at the end of the day in the finals, when I made it to the finals anyway.

It was getting colder and the car was getting faster, but I was .04 off my dial, so if I didn't rip it I would have been about .02 off dial.  He was on his dial, but I would have taken the stripe because I beat him on the light.  The previous round I dialed a 6.42 and ran a 6.379, but the other guy red lighted.  I dialed a 6.38 and ran a 6.42 with 1 rip, so would have been about 6.40 without the rip.