Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ostmike

Travel Tuning - A Really Impressive Shop

I have been spending more time than I prefer traveling to tune vehicles but thought I would share this particular experience. I get to see some really nice shops around the US and Canada when traveling to tune. However, this one was particularly unique. I am currently subcontracted by Sprintex Superchargers to provide tuning solutions and support. They flew me into Dallas to tune two supercharged 2016 JK's. When I walked into this shop I was smiling ear to ear. This place is amazing, extremely well organized and the staff was a pleasure to work with. 

Here's what I saw when I walked in the front door:

20160311_105123_resized_zps4xxhg9zg.jpg

20160311_110238_resized_zps1bvqhvip.jpg

After checking these vehicles out thoroughly (this is the waiting area) the shop manager showed up and took me out to the shop. Here's what I saw:

20160311_110330_resized_zpsxnxwcxbu.jpg

20160311_110419_resized_1_zpsqbncotnu.jp

20160311_110347_resized_zpsckfi3zyr.jpg

This was just the area for "completed" Jeeps. 

I was sent there to complete V6 SC tuning, which didn't get finished until very late into the evening, 

While I was working on the Sprintex equipped JK's the tech's at Starwood asked me if I ever tuned a Gen III Hemi before. They said that they had JK that had a 6.4 Hemi swapped in it along with a Whipple SC. They indicated that they had been working with someone for over a year and that they could not get it running right. I told them that I had to do the work I was flown in by Sprintex to do - but if time permitted I would take a look.

The next thing I know this monstrosity pulls up behind the two Jeeps I was working on and yes, it was running terribly. 

20160312_003209_resized_zpsksi1oqo1.jpg

20160311_135542_resized_zpsxz9omgb0.jpg

Short story long, I looked the "Bandit" over, flashed a good tune in it, cleaned up some codes, and at 1am took it for a spin :)

What a blast and a great way to end a long day!

Awesome Mike!  Amazing how many builds and shops there are out there that lack proper tuning.  Nice work.

Thanks!

That is freakin awesome!!!! What a experience!

It was unique :)

Yuuuppp....looks like Heaven to me!

Stevo

I wanted to drive the Lambo home to Pa. but they said no....

farghin Texans and their toys.....

My thoughts exactly! Gives new meaning to "Rollin' on 40's" - or whatever size those tires were.

These guys just sent me another video of them beating the daylights out of the "bandit" on 40's - poor quality but fun to watch! Still running the startup tune with one revision....