Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BayouTiger

New A Set Of Built Heads Fast!

turned out my heads can't be reworked. Anyone got a set of built heads ready to ship? Had I known this a couple weeks ago I would have bought the set at CF!

Yeah, the reason I didn't have the car was because the guides were so bad and needed work. Now almost three weeks later get told that they are too bad to rebuild. 

The new set from HHP will be here Monday yay! Unfortunately the ThiTek heads would not work with our CP pistons. Clearance issue. Don't ask me to be more specific as anything more is beyond me. All I know at this point is we still have a chance of making the Arkansas Mile which is the first weekend in June. Not definete. But a chance.

We got heads in plenty time for the Arkansas Mile. Changed, heads, pistons, tranny, center section, wheels and tires. The clutch let go in the burnout box first pass, so we did not run after driving 475 miles!

That stinks Chuck.  I recommended to Lisa you guys replace it with a McLeod.  That and RAM seem to be the only ones holding up.  Now that the install measurements are known, either should give you lots of stick grabbing happiness :)

We got heads in plenty time for the Arkansas Mile. Changed, heads, pistons, tranny, center section, wheels and tires. The clutch let go in the burnout box first pass, so we did not run after driving 475 miles!

Damn that sucks...

That stinks Chuck.  I recommended to Lisa you guys replace it with a McLeod.  That and RAM seem to be the only ones holding up.  Now that the install measurements are known, either should give you lots of stick grabbing happiness :)

There was either an issue with that center force right out of the box or it wasn't set up properly, I'll bet money the issue isn't with the clutch itself. 

Motherfuck that sux.

There was either an issue with that center force right out of the box or it wasn't set up properly, I'll bet money the issue isn't with the clutch itself. 

We went through everything with Centerforce. Every measurement was dead nuts. it drove perfectly on the street and dyno. We had had an issue earlier with it dragging a bit, but after pumping it a bit more it was good. When I looked at it when it came out I was not really thrilled about how it looked as it had 4 hot spots on it, but I figured it would even out as it only had a few miles on in. 

I can say that RPM told me when I had one that it would be the very last they would recommend. 

I'm looking at some of the options that are becoming available for the HellCats, but unless something knocks me over I'll likely get a McLeod. 

In this case I can say that I should not have had Lisa do a burn out until I saw how the new tires and track were. The track at Arkansas is  one the military runways designed for max friction and the R7's are sticky as hell, even cold. Not saying the clutch was not bad, but that we likely would have got through the Mile as it's not terribly hard on the clutch.