Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

VICHRIS

Build Is Done.....now, If We Can Just Get The Tuning Done

106 posts in this topic

Well we pulled the engine and installed forged piston/rods, bearings, studs, upgraded fuel pump,,,,etc....all the goodies. Whipple 2.9 installed, pinned the crank ( what a pain in the ass that was). A couple of minor bumps along the way but for the most part the build went pretty smooth. Been held up on some Diablo software issues but AJ has made slow but steady progress finishing up the tune. 1st legit pull got me to 561 rwhp 2nd got me to 575. I've got knock and afr issues we're trying to work out.  Hopefully we'll be done tomorrow......keeping my fingers crossed. Pics to follow................. B)

Hly Crap . . . that first pic with the motor out and front end off.. . .  .looks like a crime scene. . . lmao. .  .

Gonna be a beast . .  .is the motor stock displacement?

Hell yea, that is gonna be a fun ride.

Yup time to do a beat down on it..... lol.......got the skinny's and slicks all ready go.

Hly Crap . . . that first pic with the motor out and front end off.. . .  .looks like a crime scene. . . lmao. .  .

Gonna be a beast . .  .is the motor stock displacement?

I was having Halos installed to so ya it did look like hell for awhile there. Yes stock displacement......The Mean Green Machine is about ready to get really mean.............. :angry:

Nice build. I can remember not so long ago, folks were gettin run out of the forum for even mentioning Whipple lol

You had yours installed before they came out with the 2.9L Whipple kit for the Hemi's right. Honestly I did see back when you were doing your build that you were doing a Whipple but had never heard of anyone installing one on a Hemi??? 

Why so little boost if it's all forged ?

AJ's recommendation .....it's just for the break-in period.....Hopefully we'll be installing a smaller pulley for more boost later this summer or fall. I definitely plan on more boost. I think he's concerned with the Altitude and DA's here ( Albuquerque NM) and wanting to take it slow.

Looks awesome.  Can't wait to see the results when the tuning is complete and she is all dialed in.  What size pulleys do you have on there right now?

Are you running stock or ported Apache heads?

stock

Ok looks I'll be picking up the car tomorrow. Final numbers on this first pulley are 634 rwhp & 596 torque @ 9 lbs of boost on a Dyno-Jet. Heartfelt thanks to AJ and Southwest Speed.  I had a little frustration trying to get everyone focused and on the same page @ the same time for some remote tuning but it all finally came together......what a relief............... B)

Ok looks I'll be picking up the car tomorrow. Final numbers on this first pulley are 634 rwhp & 596 torque @ 9 lbs of boost on a Dyno-Jet. Heartfelt thanks to AJ and Southwest Speed. I had a little frustration trying to get everyone focused and on the same page @ the same time for some remote tuning but it all finally came together......what a relief............... B)

After break in we can go after it more. It has another 50whp or so in it at this boost level. Not Being able to graph the afr on the dyno it was necessary to be a tick more conservative. It's not the first Time we had to do afr by video lol.

Regards

AJ

After break in we can go after it more. It has another 50whp or so in it at this boost level. Not Being able to graph the afr on the dyno it was necessary to be a tick more conservative. It's not the first Time we had to do afr by video lol.

Regards

AJ

You da man AJ......I cant tell you how happy I am...... Guys @ SW Speed ( and me) are damned impressed with what we got outta this tune. Could not have done it with out your expertise ............ B)

Kick ass, you are going to have some fun now.

Not gonna waste a minute......Slicks and skinnies are going on this afternoon and at the track this evening.......... :P

600+rwhp @ 9 psi boost on a conservative tune is pretty dam impressive ! I can only imagine what this beast will do when you turn up the wick with AJ's fine tuning. :)

Not gonna waste a minute......Slicks and skinnies are going on this afternoon and at the track this evening.......... :P

Keep us posted.  I'm anxious to see what one of these can really do.