Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SmallBlockMuscle

Mcleod Rxt Measurement

Can someone tell me if I'm crazy or doing this wrong? I put in a McLeod rxt 6975-07m and have put about 25 street miles on it and it doesn't feel right. Can't power shift anymore and I get some chatter and notchy shifting. I just put the trans back out and the clutch is 2 1/8 recessed in the bell house and the throw out measures 1 7/16 when compressed. Isn't that extremely far off? Does anyone else have measurements I can compare to and see if I'm measuring right? Thanks for the help

That much difference is common? I did order the tick performance spacers just in case before I pulled it back out but they won't get me to 1/2". I just don't see how it can be that far off when they claim they don't need spacers

Mine needed that much. Its common in the aftermarket clutch and T56/TR6060. It sucks bro that you had to pull it but you learned a lesson the hard way like a lot of us. Shoot for .200 difference, fix it right and you will be happy again trust me.

Yes, I don't have that measurement written down though. Mine uses a stock 03-08 Viper TOB and I can pop off the collar and remove the spring to get an accurate measurement. Also you want to Crack the bleeder to get it to collapse easily.

Also found some pics of the clutch itself, I think you guys have quite a bit thicker assembly, as least with stock flywheel which seems thick as fuck.

IMAG0396_zpscty26taq.jpg

IMAG0397_zpso6g7pyu5.jpg

IMAG0398_zpsq0wmdirk.jpg

Hate to resurrect an old thread. But im having an issue getting mine into gear while car is running. 

Same clutch as op (part number) 

Factory slave (new) 

First installed and it shifted great! About 250 to 300 miles later, i was with a few buddies at a spot we usually race and i did 3 test launches. 3rd launched rolled out and car stalled (seperate issue) went to start again and couldn't get into gear. I too was told the rxt did not need a spacer. Ended up burning the clutch up to the point where the pads on the 1st disc fused to the pressure plate. 

Sent it to mcleod and they rebuilt it. 

Took a few measurements and they are as follows 

Tob to trans face (compressed) 1.41

PP fingers to bellhousing face 2.01

.6 difference

Added 3 tick shims (.180 .180 .055) = .415

Reinstalled everything and still couldnt get into gear. Took everything back out saw that the sleeve the bearing rides on was pushed into the 1st plate! Destroyed the slave. 

So obviously thats too much shim even though its what the measurment called for. 

Anybody have any guidance? Before i burn through anotherclutch 

When I went through this last year, Mcleod was no help. I sent them all the measurements and they said they were correct and the big gap was the free space travel on the slave. There are a lot of people with these clutches that use no spacers and have great luck so I was reluctant to add a big 1/2" spacer. I ended up using the smallest Tick spacer when I reinstalled the new clutch (1st one was returned) and it works really well. The best information I could find other than on this forum was going through the information on the Ram clutches site. 

4 hours ago, SmallBlockMuscle said:

When I went through this last year, Mcleod was no help. I sent them all the measurements and they said they were correct and the big gap was the free space travel on the slave. There are a lot of people with these clutches that use no spacers and have great luck so I was reluctant to add a big 1/2" spacer. I ended up using the smallest Tick spacer when I reinstalled the new clutch (1st one was returned) and it works really well. The best information I could find other than on this forum was going through the information on the Ram clutches site. 

Ok thank you.  I agree, Mcleod has been less than helpful. They dont seem to know how to shim a constant contact bearing. Thats what ill do then. I have 2 .055 and 2 .180 shims from tick. Ill add a .055 and see how it goes

There should be no shimming needed with the RXT Street Twin and a factory flywheel. I've installed several with no WOT shifting issues. Maybe something else is going on that we're missing here?

If you and others in this thread are having trouble with clutch disengagement please refer to my WOT shifting thread. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions on this.

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/18268-how-to-make-your-6-speed-wot-shift/