Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bright White R/T

Clutch Feels/acts Like It Is Not Disengaging Completely

56 posts in this topic

Yeah it's a bitch to do everything multiple times but I learned a lot at least. If I didn't have a lift it would have been a lot worse. Not sure if the shim was even needed but i used the smallest one to get close to the recommended preload max.

Ok, so to close the loop on this post...... the McLeod RXT is out..... I put the original clutch in the car and the trans shifting was greatly, greatly improved....  with that I decided to replace the clutch with a Center Force DYAD.... 

I've had the Center Force DYAD in the car for a few weeks now.   The pedal effort is very close to stock and significantly lighter than the McLeod.  Engagement is smooth as glass and driveability is exactly what you would hope for... if you didn't know the clutch was changed you'd think the clutch was stock....

Best of all..... no shimming required.  I read the instructions that came with the CF DYAD... no shimming required..... I called Center Force to confirm..... no shimming required...... My son and I installed the clutch with no shims..... not a single problem or issue.

I know the Center Force DYAD is a bit more pricey than most of the the other clutches available, but I guarantee you will not be disappointed.....   

My Dyad drove perfectly on the street, and worked perfectly on the dyno, then went completely up in smoke on the first burnout. I'm ordering an RXT. I'll know more about The Dyad when I get it out.

RPM also told me that the CF was the last one they would recommend. Of course YMMV.