Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Teddyp

Where Can I Mount My Shift Light?

I'm getting a Raptor shift light and am having a hard time figuring where to mount it. Any suggestions and/or pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's ironic because I'm having two gauges mounted on the "A" pillar too. How is it actually attached? Thank you by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mounted mine in the dash faceplate. One simple hole. It almost looks factory but there is only one magic spot cuz the light is long and on the back side of the dash faceplaye is the white plastic gauge cluster. I will try and get pics tomorrow. Its a great location for dragracing, but if you want it for road course it wouldnt be as good because when the wheel is turned left it blocks the light. Its not perfectly centered but much more centered than on a pillar. My light has a launch setting so if your in the left lane the light is all the way to the right if mounted to the pillar.

thats exactly where I mounted mine. I cut off the end of the black light cover that comes with it. it has a taper to the OD of the cover so I stick it in the faceplate. If I ever want to change the numbers (shift rpm, launch rpm), a can just pull it out and make the changes, and push it back in. mine sticks out a little more than tat2ooed, but I run around with the blue cover on it until I go to the track. Then I take off the cover

I used a pcv valve grommet, snug enough to hold in place but gave the ability to slide it in and out for RPM adjustment when needed.

thats interesting.....but how do you slide it in without hitting the buttons? or when you take the light out you take it with the grommet? I ask becasue i had some issue a couple years ago (maybe last year)....and I cant remember what it was, maybe the launch rpm function stopped or something....anyway, it turned out that as I put it back in the dash I hit the buttons and messed it up. thats why I went with the collar and I take the collar out with the light

That's ironic because I'm having two gauges mounted on the "A" pillar too. How is it actually attached? Thank you by the way.

Best I remember I pulled the pillar off and used the little U shaped mount that came with the light.  Used a small nut & bolt to mount it to the pillar then the light just snaps in the mount.  I'll walk down to the shop in the tomorrow and take a few pictures.

Best I remember I pulled the pillar off and used the little U shaped mount that came with the light. Used a small nut & bolt to mount it to the pillar then the light just snaps in the mount. I'll walk down to the shop in the tomorrow and take a few pictures.

Pics would be great thanks. That's exactly where I'd like to mount mine. The pillar pod you have, is that a standard type-what I mean is are the two gauge usually the same dimensions? Not sure if you know. Or is yours a particular brand? Thanks again.

Pics would be great thanks. That's exactly where I'd like to mount mine. The pillar pod you have, is that a standard type-what I mean is are the two gauge usually the same dimensions? Not sure if you know. Or is yours a particular brand? Thanks again.

Its a dual pillar pod, both same size.  I bought it from Razor's Edge, not cheap though, something like $200.  I'll try to shoot some pics tomorrow afternoon.

I used a pcv valve grommet, snug enough to hold in place but gave the ability to slide it in and out for RPM adjustment when needed.

That's a slick idea.  I just ordered my dual stage.  I may look at this as an option.  My other plan was to install it in the center A/C vent so it's hidden.