Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Light Weight Seats W/ Heat

I've been considering upgrading the seats to something more race oriented, but I want to keep it OEMish with the heated feature.  For it to be worth it, both new seats would have to weigh the same as ONE original.

I thought I found the seat when I saw these.  Reclining, leather, I think a heated feature, nice diamond stitching, and LIGHT at 24lbs.  However, when I saw the price was $1800 A SEAT I obviously decided they weren't for me.  This is what I'm looking for though.

Misano_Anniversary.jpg

DSC_6831.jpg

Greg, I wish. Those seats are badass but way outta my price range.

Howie has aluminum race seats with custom covers. Slick, but a little more purpose driven than what I'm looking for.

I think Karl used some corbeau seats but I'm not sure there's enough weight difference to meet my criteria.

I was looking at Corbeau seats a couple weeks ago.  They had a few options that reclined, were heated, and came in leather or micro suede.  I think they were 27 lbs and 900 bucks for a pair.  I think the ones I liked the best were CR1 style.

bill

I've been looking at the CR1s as well. They're listed at 28lbs offer leather and heat as well as a submarine slot. $1250ish a pair with all the bells and whistles which didn't seem terrible to me. I like the diamond stitch of the ones I posted better. Wonder if Corbeau would do that custom?

I've been considering upgrading the seats to something more race oriented, but I want to keep it OEMish with the heated feature.  For it to be worth it, both new seats would have to weigh the same as ONE original.

I thought I found the seat when I saw these.  Reclining, leather, I think a heated feature, nice diamond stitching, and LIGHT at 24lbs.  However, when I saw the price was $1800 A SEAT I obviously decided they weren't for me.  This is what I'm looking for though.

Misano_Anniversary.jpg

DSC_6831.jpg

Bad ass looking seats but as you stated a bit on the pricey side.

Do they guarantee a 100 rwhp gain ? lol  lol  lol

Nice seats.

Do the LX/LC airbags need sensors in the seats, or just a seatbelt connection?

Yes on the passenger side. But they are located in the track. If you retro fit the stock track to the seat all is well. I built onelove a set of kirky seats with all the electrics except recline on his 300 build. Now that was cool as fuck having a multi adjustable race seat.

Anyhow there is another option jay. You can get replacement heater pads and add them in yourself. The pads run between a 100-150 and are plug and play if you take the harness of your stockers.

Yep, saw those Cam.  If I find a seat that's not heated that I like that's the route.  The Corbeaus are $149 to add heat so a wash.

Do the advertised weights include the track or just the seat?  My passenger seat which isn't motorized weighs about 53 lbs including the track.  I've not weighed the driver seat but with the motors I bet it's closer to 60 lbs.

I've been looking into adding racing seats as well. Haven't narrowed it down to a specific one but one thing I can tell you is the tracks are pricy and heavy unless you find aluminum tracks.

I went to one shop and the guy weighted the tracks and the plates. It was close to 40 lbs. steels ones. The seats only weighed less than 20 lbs each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you looked at Viper Seats Speedy? I've heard they are about a 35lb weight savings over the LC seats. I believe the 5th gen seats are made by Sabelt. I have a pair of 4th gen seats for my 68 Coronet project and they are significantly lighter than the LX seats.

Have you looked at Viper Seats Speedy? I've heard they are about a 35lb weight savings over the LC seats. I believe the 5th gen seats are made by Sabelt. I have a pair of 4th gen seats for my 68 Coronet project and they are significantly lighter than the LX seats.

I have a drivers side GEN 3 Viper seat on manual LX seat tracks. It all bolted together. I'd even be willing to sell it. I think it weighs 30-35 lbs too.

Yes on the passenger side. But they are located in the track. If you retro fit the stock track to the seat all is well. I built onelove a set of kirky seats with all the electrics except recline on his 300 build. Now that was cool as fuck having a multi adjustable race seat.

Anyhow there is another option jay. You can get replacement heater pads and add them in yourself. The pads run between a 100-150 and are plug and play if you take the harness of your stockers.

Good info...  Thanks, Cam!

Yes, Phil recommend those as well and pointed me to Jegs for the Drag Pak version due to the price.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/70240/10002/-1

I just can't decide if I like the design as much.  The Jegs link says 36lbs, but again I'm wondering about the bracketry etc being included in that weight.  At 36lbs by the time you put two of them in the car it's more than my target weight of about 58lbs total by quite a bit as well.  Price is definitely right though, but they're not real leather either.  I'm not looking to cut corners on quality for this car since it's triple duty for shows, racing, and street cruising.

I have a drivers side GEN 3 Viper seat on manual LX seat tracks. It all bolted together. I'd even be willing to sell it. I think it weighs 30-35 lbs too.

Anyway you can weigh it?  If it's 30lbs that would be close to my target.  28lbs would be better though.

Cam,

Is there an easy way to trick the car into thinking the stock seats are there so that my fasten seatbelt and ABS lights go out?

As Speedy said, I have the Kirkey seats but they are bolted to the floor, even the tracks are gone.

Cam,

Is there an easy way to trick the car into thinking the stock seats are there so that my fasten seatbelt and ABS lights go out?

As Speedy said, I have the Kirkey seats but they are bolted to the floor, even the tracks are gone.

Not that I've tried.

Another interesting tid bit is the Neon SRT4 had optional Viper seats. The only difference is the Neon's don't have the harness holes though.

J