Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bruce*

Whippled 06 300C Srt8

82 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Finally took the next and final step in my build.  Cars at BFNY getting a fully forged 393 installed with a 2.9L whipple, and fore fuel system.  Transmission will be upgraded by Enhanced Transmission and it's rated to 800 rwhp.  I currently have a BB 8.8 with 3.73 gears, CF DS, and 1400 HP axles.  Will be changing gear ratio to 3.23. Also decided to have a 5 point cage installed.  Actually that was my wifes request, but probably not a bad idea.  Should be some where around 14 psi and on 91 octane it should make 650 or so rwhp.  Just wanted to thank Kenneth Garner for the killer deal on the motor, SC, and fore fuel setup. Also, want to thank Erik (Hemi 31) for everything that he is doing for me.  AJ will be doing the tuning.

Here's a link for the initial startup

https://youtu.be/Uystx7RQkkc

Should be a fun ride.  Curious why you went with lower gears?

Erik recommended  that gear ratio.  Not sure of the exact reason why.  Not sure if its the fact that the SC will have more than enough torque down low that the lower gears are no longer needed.  I was turning 3000 rpm at 80 mph with the 3.73 gears. 

Hey Bruce,

Glad to see you made it to the forum, a lot of good info here.

Glad to see you putting this motor to good use, it sounds awesome ! I think you made the right move on the gears, with that motor combo the car would probably just blow the tires off of it.

Erik knows what he's doing so must be a good reason.

3.73 will be a bear on the street with the blower and auto and they won't be needed on the track. 3.23 will keep him in a happy place on both street and track.

Nice build.  I'm thinking you will be a little north of the 650 rwhp mark. 

I sure hope so, but won't be disappointed if I'm not.  I need to ask Erik sometime what the maximum boost this motor will handle.

BTW, I've been reading up on your build and I've gotta say your attention to detail and skills are just out of this world.  

I sure hope so, but won't be disappointed if I'm not.  I need to ask Erik sometime what the maximum boost this motor will handle.

BTW, I've been reading up on your build and I've gotta say your attention to detail and skills are just out of this world.  

Thanks.  What size pullies are you going to be running?

Thanks everyone for the compliments.  Should be getting it back in the next few weeks.  I'll post up a video as soon as I get time to make it to the track.  

Thanks.  What size pullies are you going to be running?

Not sure what size of pulley Erik ended up with.  Originally it was a 3.375 diameter, but Erik said there was some fitment issues so he used a different pulley.  He thought it would be somewhere around 14 psi.  I'll stay with that for a while.  I've been reading a little about the tensioner and belt issues, especially with higher boost, so I have ordered a spare dayco tensioner and a gates HD green belt for back up. I asked Erik about the gt500 tensioner, but he thought I'd be fine with what I got.

17% lower with a 3.0 upper right now. Should be 14-15 psi. Had to ditch the 3.375 cause it didn't clear the hood liner. That may have to go Bruce. Car is at the fabricators for the next week or so for the 5 point.

17% lower with a 3.0 upper right now. Should be 14-15 psi. Had to ditch the 3.375 cause it didn't clear the hood liner. That may have to go Bruce. Car is at the fabricators for the next week or so for the 5 point.

If the hood liner needs to go, that's fine...whatever needs to be done to make it work.

Your in good hands. Erik did my 300SRT also, forged 6.1, drop in pistons an rods, custom cam, heads, 2.9L Whipple 14psi. I had gt500 tensioner, pain in the ass with 300 have to drop fans just to get skinny rachet on tensioner if you should have to change belt. I sold it an went back to dayco, also running hhp power steering pulley.

Here's a video of the car on the dyno.  The car made about 620 rwhp  

The car pulls like a freaking train and I haven't even layed into hard.  Drove it home 750 miles from Eriks shop without issues.  The only issue right now is a little chatter from the belt with the tensioner bouncing around a little bit a idle.  The cam has some lope to it and that seems to be the culprit.  Erik has something in mind to help maintain tension on the belt.  I plan on hitting the track soon, so we'll see what the car can do.  I'm hoping for some high 10s and with the race tune, maybe mid 10s.  

Would like to thank Erik, AJ, and Enhanced Transmission for all that they have done.  The car is a BEAST!  Looking forward to what's ahead and I'll post track video/time slips as soon as I can.