Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Teddyp

Cam Specs, What Do You Think???????

35 posts in this topic

1e2ddde11a577a92e51a43b0b78ad3cb.jpg

392 6 speed; coupled with HEMI big gas heads, ARH long tubes, high flows, Legmaker fender pull, ported 6.4 IM & TB, AJ dyno tuning. Starts this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How 'bout the other specs working with the lift? Advertised duration, overlap, LSA, duration @ .050*- taking into account the other mods and 392 cubes?? I'd like to get some more specific input on this grind and how you all feel. Thank you.

Its going to have a good lope, make power and be easy on springs. If you were wanting as much power and RPM as possible it good be alot bigger.

i don't understand your last sentence. I think the dam auto spell correct got us both, lol.

I think it will be a bit lumpy. Hope you were not looking for a sleeper cam ;-)

J

Hopefully it can be tuned with a low enough idle to be able to hear that lump.  JerseyBoy has mine idling nicely at about 750-800, but I don't see yours holding anything less than 900-1000. ??

But then again, I haven't seen anything that aggressive in a G3 Hemi and tuning has come a long way.

I'm inexperienced with all of this so I want to first thank you both, Adana Charger and Jerseyboy for your schooling me. If I understand you both, your saying this is a very aggressive cam grind and it will be a bitch to get it to idle low? Also are you saying that because of the aggressiveness of the cam it will have some lope to it? I told my builder that I wanted a very aggressive cam, it's not my daily drive, I don't race it, but when I do take it out on nice days, I lay into it and when the time suits I like to bang my shifts right before the limiter. I told him I wanted to squeeze out as much power from a 392 N/A set up as is. No stroking, no nitrous, plain old N/A. Make it run.

I ran a little 220/230 cam for awhile with the Techco on my 6.1. It was a nice little upgrade with the base blower kit. But honestly, with install, springs, etc, not really sure it was worth the cost.

Nice, yours?? What are the cam specs?

It's a customer's car. Mods are MMX nsr cam, ARH LTs, LMI fender pull, Fore & NX system. The cam is a 222/230 .59x/.55x 114/110

Hopefully it can be tuned with a low enough idle to be able to hear that lump.  JerseyBoy has mine idling nicely at about 750-800, but I don't see yours holding anything less than 900-1000. ??

But then again, I haven't seen anything that aggressive in a G3 Hemi and tuning has come a long way.

Just looking at this from my desktop, instead of my phone, and see that your duration is 222/230.

That's measured at .050 and is very different than what you had posted on another thread that your cam was 274/285.

222/230 on a 112+4 will be a nice cam and very tunable.

Well thank you. When you say "nice", I'm assuming you mean it will make ok power for what it is and what it's intended for?

By "nice"... It should be pretty tame with some good lope from the 112* LSA. From your other post, I thought that you had a crazy cam that was off the charts.

My first stroker cam was a 230/236 (113+3?) and it was smooth with great bottom end.

No matter what you get, you'll always want more. :)

When do you think you'll be fully tuned back on the road??

Got me curious and I dug through my notes...

My first cam...

- Comp Cams Xtreme Energy
- XFI Series
- 230 / 236   Duration @ .050” Tappet Lift
- .598 / .593   Intake/Exhaust Gross Valve Lift (assuming a 1.66 rocker ratio)
- 112*              Lobe Separation Angle
- 110*              Intake Center Line

My current cam...

- 239 / 247   Duration @ .050” Tappet Lift
- .606 / .606     Intake/Exhaust Gross Valve Lift (assuming a 1.66 rocker ratio)
- 115*             Lobe Separation Angle
- 111*            Intake Center Line

Hopefully it can be tuned with a low enough idle to be able to hear that lump. JerseyBoy has mine idling nicely at about 750-800, but I don't see yours holding anything less than 900-1000. ??

really? We have a 262/269 110 in Greg's idling at 1000

By "nice"... It should be pretty tame with some good lope from the 112* LSA. From your other post, I thought that you had a crazy cam that was off the charts.

My first stroker cam was a 230/236 (113+3?) and it was smooth with great bottom end.

No matter what you get, you'll always want more. :)

When do you think you'll be fully tuned back on the road??

It's at True Street as we speak. He hasn't started yet. We were hoping end of this current week but I'm sure any day now to begin. I can't wait to see how AJ tunes this.

Just looking at this from my desktop, instead of my phone, and see that your duration is 222/230.

That's measured at .050 and is very different than what you had posted on another thread that your cam was 274/285.

222/230 on a 112+4 will be a nice cam and very tunable.

The 274/285 was the advertised duration.

What are you guys referring too when you say you thought the cam was a 274/285?? I'm not well versed in much of this at all. The 274/285 is the advertised duration not over .050". Somebody, anybody, teach me what your saying, lol. Thanks.

They took your 274/285 numbers as being the advertised duration @ .050 lift. That would make your duration numbers in the 330 range. Thats ALOT of duration. I have a 247/255 @ .050 on a 114 and its lopey but just barely IMO.