Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Thinking About The Next Project - Gauges?

53 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about changing the gauge faces over to black.  After 7 years I'm tired of looking at white.  I'd do black with red lighted needles.

I'm curious if anyone knows if the speedo can be increased?  For example if I got a 200MPH speedo, how would you calibrate it?

I'm thinking something similar to this but without the Challenger script and Hurst logos.  Looking at Blackcat for the vendor and I'd do a custom RPM gauge that redlined at 6800 since that's where mine's set.

Thoughts?

guages2.jpg

I did the Blackcat gauges they're nice very tedious work with the needles though and I'm pretty sure you cannot change the calibration for the mile per hour but don't hold me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol - well my MSHS stickers claimed to add 25 so there's that too

I'm just tired of looking at the white and my pillar gauges are black, so thought I'd change it up.  I saw this as well and think I like it better.  Hard to find any information on it though.  US Speedo makes it so I need to contact them to see if maybe they can just do me a custom one to my design.  Maybe have the SG logo in it or something like that.

us-speedo-dodge-magnum-charger-challenge

Jay

I would be curious on us speedo. When I did mine I asked them about custom and they said no not other than what they stock / carry

Jay, maybe contact Diboblo on lxf. He does all kinds of crazy interior stuff. I'm not sure about a recalibrated 200mph speedo, but everything else is within his powers.

You could calibrate a 200mph speedo by inputting a smaller tire size, but of course your mileage won't be correct and mph in data logs will be off.. So I doubt you'd want to go that way lol

Reached out to Diboblo on LX and waiting to hear back.  Hit up US Speedo, and they will do me a custom gauge set if I want.  It's $100 extra.  I think I'm gonna go with this and get "Supercharged" (maybe) where it says "Dodge".  Tach side has the "R/T" symbol.  Gas gauge says "Premium Only" on it as well.  US Speedo doesn't have illuminated needles, so I'll have to get those from BackCat Gauges.  I may also send a shot of this to BlackCat to see what they'd charge to make it.

us-speedo-dodge-magnum-charger-challenge

I think the only thing Nathan does anymore is work part time for Stu. Even when he did this stuff it was only the inserts. Bob does all the bitching color stuff with the led's. Totall cool shit, he's always bringing by something he's done and I'm always super impressed.

Jay have you seen this kit? It has lighted needles. 

http://www.blackcatcustom.com/magnum_charger.htm

Yep, may have to get the needles from them, and may see what custom work they can do.

I think the only thing Nathan does anymore is work part time for Stu. Even when he did this stuff it was only the inserts. Bob does all the bitching color stuff with the led's. Totall cool shit, he's always bringing by something he's done and I'm always super impressed.

Gotcha.  I took a look at some stuff Bob did, and it's pretty slick.  I'm not really up for trying to change all the LEDs in the whole car, just the gauge cluster/needles so I may be too small time for him to fool with.

Dude he's just like me. Does this stuff out of his home shop and picks and chooses his projects. I also have given him several parts over the years so he can do exchanges. But I have no idea where he's at with stuff like that anymore.

Cool.  He just messaged me back.  He highly recommended BlackCat and knows the guys there.  US Speedo just quoted me a pretty steep price to adjust redline, etc as they say they have to make them in bulk.  Since the needles will come from BlackCat I'll shoot them an email and see what they can make.  Bob said their quality is excellent.

Black cat is great

I did the led needles and carbon fiber guage cluster with challenger and srt 8 in red and red letters and numbers

I got the LED needles and one of them was burnt out he sent me another one right away

I would deal with him again. No questions. Best thing is he answers the phone to

Cool.  He just messaged me back.  He highly recommended BlackCat and knows the guys there.  US Speedo just quoted me a pretty steep price to adjust redline, etc as they say they have to make them in bulk.  Since the needles will come from BlackCat I'll shoot them an email and see what they can make.  Bob said their quality is excellent.

Glad to be of help.... *ninja*  :D 

Blackcat and I got it sorted and they're gonna build me a custom gauge face based on the one I liked.  A few "Speedy" touches of course.

I'll post a picture once I have a render.  Should look great and modernize the interior a bit.

Blackcat and I got it sorted and they're gonna build me a custom gauge face based on the one I liked.  A few "Speedy" touches of course.

I'll post a picture once I have a render.  Should look great and modernize the interior a bit.

Can't wait to see what it looks like.