Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Thinking About The Next Project - Gauges?

53 posts in this topic

Looking forward to seeing it and how you do it so I can see if I want to do it :)

Having said that I'm concerned.  Now that you own a Camaro it seems to me you're still just making upgrades to the Challenger and not treating the Camaro the same way.  Remember, CamaroLivesMatter. 

:)

LMAO

I'm "trying" not to mess with the Camaro that much if I can help it.  The setup on it is pretty good and it has a lot of power, but Chevy did a good job giving it the suspension and other components to use it effectively.

Having said that, Magnuson did release a super charger for it that bumps the power to about 570RWHP on 6psi.  Guys on the Camaro forum are running 10.80s with just the stock kit so it is tempting.

Says that supercharger isn't compatible with my engine.  It also doesn't include the intercooler and all the other stuff needed and by the time you get all that you're probably more than the Magnuson kit, but that was a good suggestion.

Those gauges look nice.  Blackcat?

Having said that, Magnuson did release a super charger for it that bumps the power to about 570RWHP on 6psi.  Guys on the Camaro forum are running 10.80s with just the stock kit so it is tempting.

:D

eRM_eSC1.jpg

Says that supercharger isn't compatible with my engine. It also doesn't include the intercooler and all the other stuff needed and by the time you get all that you're probably more than the Magnuson kit, but that was a good suggestion.

Those gauges look nice. Blackcat?

That sucks I know the superchargers cheap I know a buddy that just bought one in a cooler and all they had about 4500 in it to get it done but that was on a believe a 2014 Camaro

Yes that was Blackcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing a while back and had to hunt this one down as I only saw it on some ad hoc post on ebay. I called US Speedo and he said he had to go dig it up as they had been discontinued and I think it was the last one he had.  I got lucky and went with it. I like the look and bought LED white needles but have not put them in. The red needles unlit are a bit hard to see at night at the track.

E5923140_zps52d5c2a2.jpg

Yep, that looks good.  US Speedo never got back to me, so I'm glad Blackcat can make them up.  I tweaked a few things but it'll look a lot like that.

In my opinion the only gauges I like in these cars are the '15+ units. I'd say be a pioneer and retrofit the dash, gauges, center console, etc. out of a '15+ car. 

dodge-challenger-2015-hellcat-interior-w

...but it would probably be cheaper and less of a hassle to buy a new car and swap all your parts over!

lol - well my MSHS stickers claimed to add 25 so there's that too

I'm just tired of looking at the white and my pillar gauges are black, so thought I'd change it up.  I saw this as well and think I like it better.  Hard to find any information on it though.  US Speedo makes it so I need to contact them to see if maybe they can just do me a custom one to my design.  Maybe have the SG logo in it or something like that.

us-speedo-dodge-magnum-charger-challenge

That there looks great, it would look so good with my red interior. Where again did you pick up these stickers? I'm sure it was a pain to install, but the look is worth it IMO, if they are available for my year 2013 Challenger RT?

Micah, no way I'm going through all that trouble lol  I'd buy a new one first like you said.

JJ, they're replacement gauge faces.  I'm having them custom made by Blackcat.

Mockup received from Blackcat.  Should look pretty good.  Blackcat has been fantastic to work with.

mockup_bc_guauge_face_sg.jpg

I am digging this Jay. I trust a SpeedysGarage video is in pre production? I am gonna need that. Thanks...

Just paid a visit to Blackcat website. They have them in Canadians kph. Pricing looks good.

Now about that crappy OE steering wheel..... got any ideas on that? :)

Stevo 

Thanks SteveO.  Where you been??

Yep, good customer service thus far and the price is right.  Mine are in production now and says it'll take a couple weeks to get them.

I'd love to upgrade the steering wheel to the newer model, but I don't think the electronics cross over.  I'd like the headlights with the halos as well from the newer model.  That may be eaiser to accomplish.

Yep, good customer service thus far and the price is right.  Mine are in production now and says it'll take a couple weeks to get them.

I'd love to upgrade the steering wheel to the newer model, but I don't think the electronics cross over.  I'd like the headlights with the halos as well from the newer model.  That may be easier to accomplish.

halos and leds were a CA fad(1998-2004) when i was there riding  Harley's, it lasted 12 months, then everyone took them off , as the hard core guys(read into that, you don't try to stop them) ripped them off bikes in the parking lots of bars, rides and when ever they saw that shit, funny shit, watching "guys standing there watching other guys rip shit off their bikes", wish i had a phone then that took pictures. .

halos belong on Saints not headlights, its just "look at me" tacky.

i do like the dash upgrade, cuz its for me , not for showing others, just don't get halo/led dumb.

IMHO, CK.

Mockup received from Blackcat.  Should look pretty good.  Blackcat has been fantastic to work with.

mockup_bc_guauge_face_sg.jpg

Jay is the MPH and the RPM going to stay like that. Meaning why not use the SRT8 numbers on it since you have a blower on it..... *ninja*  *ninja* 

I'd love to upgrade the steering wheel to the newer model, but I don't think the electronics cross over.  I'd like the headlights with the halos as well from the newer model.  That may be eaiser to accomplish.

Well..... been around...... spending a lot of time with my vintage stereo gear and buying vinyl. I blame Captalbator for this recent addiction. :D Chuck would understand. Anyhoo.... not driven the RT much. Trans is done. :D I can drive around town like a granny but if I go WOT she slips. Planning on a trip stateside in the spring to get the trans done.

I like this mod. Digging the carbon fiber look with the Supercharged and RT script. I will call them next week and speak with them. Do you have a name there I can speak with? Will definitely need them to send me a proof. Not really sure on what colour of the lighting to go with.

Hope all is well with you and Mrs. Speedy.

Stevo

Jay is the MPH and the RPM going to stay like that. Meaning why not use the SRT8 numbers on it since you have a blower on it..... *ninja*  *ninja* 

You'll see they extended the redline to 6500 on there.  My revlimiter is 6800 so should be about right.

I wanted to actually get 200MPH on the speedo, but after some cross checking we found serious re-programming would be involved from all the information I could find, so we canned that idea and just left it factory.  I can always switch to the digital speedo when going for a high speed run.  200MPH would have been cool though.