Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

smttysmth02gt

Long Tube Headers Suggestions

57 posts in this topic

$1450.00 plus shipping and if you need the 02 extensions they are an additional $99.00 

Yeah that's pretty much the going price from what I have seen thus far.  Tbh I am quite disappointed in my search so far.  Technically I won't need the O2 extensions if I'm going to get a custom tune after installation, correct?  

What are you disappointed in? Yes, you are correct you should not have to run the extensions 

The market price for headers for my car.  Do you guys carry JBA headers?  I have read a lot of good things and their prices are more in line to what I was expecting.  

We do carry JBA.......$795.00 plus shipping and thats headers with catless mids

I'm assuming that is not coated?  And does the midpipe come with the necessary O2 extensions?  I've read many posts online that claim that JBA only includes the 2 with the headers but you still need to purchase 2 for the rear...

ARH is the real deal, you won't be dissapointed.

I appreciate the input, but that's just too much money for me.

Correct.....not coated. If you want the extensions you will need to buy them. Tell me exactly what you want and i can price it accordingly.........coating is an additional $124.95

I have kooks. They are nice complete hardware ect but there lead times are horrible. Arh lead Time is better but more

The guy at arh came from kooks

One other option is tti exhaust. Nice stuff also

Not sure what motor u have but unless you are doing engine work and it is a 392 motor just leave it alone. The headers are expensive for what u will gain in a stock motor. Now if u have a 5.7 and in a budget. Get 392 factory shorts that people sell all the time and mids. Cheaper by a mile good performance over the cast paper weights and direct bolt up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought jba for my 07 r/t, fit was good. Did not have to buy any extra extensions, just don't use their gaskets. The coating is good except where water will splash up, takes off the coating. Sent it back and they covered it but it just happens again. If you are looking for a deeper sound, I recommend slp.

I'd say if you're coming from buying for a mustang the price difference is a major bummer lol. I think they're too high too compared to the Ls and ford offerings but that's what we have to work with. I went with titanium coated jba mainly from my approval of their stuff on my mustangs. For the price and product it's hard to beat, even though the kooks and others are badass but for the small difference in hp for double the price I'll go jba everytime. Not saying American racing and Kooks aren't the bomb but for me I just can't spend that on headers with my budget or in good conscience lol. I hope the hellcat boom helps the rest of us with Rt's and other models in bringing prices down and opening up more options.

Thanks for all of the comments guys.  I have an R/T (5.7) and because of long term plans for the car (supercharger eventually - probably just a magnuson though), I feel that long tubes are the right choice for me.  With that being said, I'm going to go with JBA I believe.  I've been in contact with Johan to get a tune after the installation is complete.  Probably looking at a couple/few weeks so I can not take such a hit on money.

Correct.....not coated. If you want the extensions you will need to buy them. Tell me exactly what you want and i can price it accordingly.........coating is an additional $124.95

While I appreciate your assistance, I'll be going with another vendor, strictly because their pricing is so much lower than yours.  

Thanks for all of the comments guys.  I have an R/T (5.7) and because of long term plans for the car (supercharger eventually - probably just a magnuson though), I feel that long tubes are the right choice for me.  With that being said, I'm going to go with JBA I believe.  I've been in contact with Johan to get a tune after the installation is complete.  Probably looking at a couple/few weeks so I can not take such a hit on money.

While I appreciate your assistance, I'll be going with another vendor, strictly because their pricing is so much lower than yours.  

Np. We price match as well 

I've had ARH long tube Headers on my car a 2010 5.7 Rt for 5 years along with there full exhaust. Gaining 40 hp on the headers. I know from before and after dyno readings. There exhaust sounds amazing with no drown at any speed. worth every dollar. My 2₵.

FYI, bought mine thru autoanything.com, they price match and almost always free shipping.

Kool...I was looking at maryland speed.  Their prices appeared to be the best and they offer a discount when you order by phone on top of that.  I'm in Mobile, AL....rain capital of the world.  So do you think it would be a waste of money ordering the coated headers since you're saying water takes the coating off???

I can't speak for other brands but definitely it happened to the jba silver ceramic coated ones, twice . You never see it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I can't speak for other brands but definitely it happened to the jba silver ceramic coated ones, twice . You never see it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I wonder if it just makes it look that way and no actual damage is done to the ceramic coating.  I can't imagine them not thinking that the headers are going to get wet while driving...

Got the ceramic coated JBAs and catless mid pipes. IF you do still get the extensions, get longer ones. The stock ones will be a real stretch fit.

Sent from El Mobile de WildChild

Got the ceramic coated JBAs and catless mid pipes. IF you do still get the extensions, get longer ones. The stock ones will be a real stretch fit.

Hey dude...I have seen you on CT lol.  I remember seeing your videos of your car.

Hey dude...I have seen you on CT lol. I remember seeing your videos of your car.

Your Screen name looked a bit familiar. I didn't quite fit in over there haha.