Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

smttysmth02gt

Long Tube Headers Suggestions

57 posts in this topic

Np. We price match as well

Autoanything quoted me $500 for a hell cat short block shipped. Come on Don, I'd rather buy one from an ole buddy

lol

Anyone suggest TTI yet??

Actually no, not that I see.  

I asked Maryland speed about the O2 sensor extensions and they told me that the JBA kit should come with ALL of the ones I need.  Considering how many people have said it doesn't...I don't think I believe them.  So I need to order 2 extensions and OEM gaskets since the ones that come with the kit are crap?  Anything else?

Np. We price match as well 

Maryland Speed is where I was looking and their price is (this is with off road mid pipe, and silver ceramic coated headers)... 

Sub-Total: $877.45

Shipping is free with $250+ order...but I was also told to call them and place an order and I'd get a % off...I'm assuming 5 or 10% off but they didn't tell me a number....yet.

Your Screen name looked a bit familiar. I didn't quite fit in over there haha.

Sent from El Mobile de WildChild

Yeah there's an awful lot of time wastage going on over there.  Sadly, there's more traffic there though.  I am actually surprised at the responses I've received on this thread.  I talked to Speedy from the garage journal forums and he sent me here.  

It actually looks like auto anything has the best deal I can find.  $758.86 total for ceramic coated headers and o/r mid pipe...they actually have 2 versions available...304 or 409 stainless.  That price is with the 304.

Actually no, not that I see.

I asked Maryland speed about the O2 sensor extensions and they told me that the JBA kit should come with ALL of the ones I need. Considering how many people have said it doesn't...I don't think I believe them. So I need to order 2 extensions and OEM gaskets since the ones that come with the kit are crap? Anything else?...

Buy some header locking bolts

Look up I said about tti in my post

Nice stuff

What ever u do don't go cheap. But that is me I have learned along time ago but now or later cheap is a reason for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maryland Speed is where I was looking and their price is (this is with off road mid pipe, and silver ceramic coated headers)...

Shipping is free with $250+ order...but I was also told to call them and place an order and I'd get a % off...I'm assuming 5 or 10% off but they didn't tell me a number....yet.

So they said 877 with catless mids headers and coated? If that is the case I would jump on it

Mine None coated was 1100 so u better dbl check and that was from them

Also be prepared for a wait

I can explain but typing it out will take to long on the cell phone

Buy some header locking bolts

Holy crap those are some expensive bolts!  So you say  I need some of these?  What size?  So aside from the actual headers and midpipe, I am finding that I need OEM gaskets, O2 sensor extensions (2) and now these bolts.

So they said 877 with catless mids headers and coated? If that is the case I would jump on it

Mine None coated was 1100 so u better dbl check and that was from them

Also be prepared for a wait

I can explain but typing it out will take to long on the cell phone

Actually it looks like Auto Anything is even cheaper than Maryland Speed.  I'm not making any purchases just yet...probably wait another week (I get paid 3x this month) or so.  Just trying to gather what I will need.  My cousin has a lift at his shop so I'll spend a day over there to get it installed.  

Just get a new set of of 6.1 or 392 bolts. They never fail. The only thing you need to pay attention too is the flange thickness of whatever header you buy. As long as it's 3/8" - 1/2" thick you're golden.

I went with Percy's header locking bolts for my JBAs. I would say to get bolts to save yourself time in the long run fixing leaks

I went with Percy's header locking bolts for my JBAs. I would say to get em to save yourself time in the long run fixing leaks

WOW.  I am shocked how pricey these are....$85.25

Time to bump this guy.  Had some issues that prevented me from getting the headers and I just paid my car off this week!  So I plan on placing an order soon....probably in a couple weeks I think.  I am still undecided on the brand of headers.  I can get 20% off from auto anything so that is where I'm probably going.  So if I understand correctly, I need the following:

Headers

Mid pipe

Gaskets

header bolts

Feel free to make more suggestions.  I think I'm leaning towards JBA brand.  I do have one question about this...exactly how bad is the car going to run after the install before I am able to get the custom tune installed?  Surely it will still be driveable right?  

Time to bump this guy.  Had some issues that prevented me from getting the headers and I just paid my car off this week!  So I plan on placing an order soon....probably in a couple weeks I think.  I am still undecided on the brand of headers.  I can get 20% off from auto anything so that is where I'm probably going.  So if I understand correctly, I need the following:

Headers

Mid pipe

Gaskets

header bolts

Feel free to make more suggestions.  I think I'm leaning towards JBA brand.  I do have one question about this...exactly how bad is the car going to run after the install before I am able to get the custom tune installed?  Surely it will still be driveable right?  

It will drive fine. You just need the tune to keep it from going lean and to shut off the rear O2 sensors if you are running catless

I can get you a set of ceramic coated JBA longtube headers, catless off-road mids, and a Diablosport Trinity T1000 for $1449 shipped to your door. As for gaskets and bolts, I have never had an issue with the ones that come with the headers. 

We can also help you with tuning your vehicle either in the shop or over email. Depending on your willingness to drive we can do the header install and tuning all in one stop.

Let me know your thoughts!

I appreciate that offer, but I already have a Trinity.  And Johan is on standby when I am ready to start the custom tune.  

I really just need the 4 parts I listed (not specifically BBK brand for the O2 extensions or gaskets), plus my cousin who's going to help me do the install said to get some header bolts.  

I can get you a set of ceramic coated JBA longtube headers, catless off-road mids, and a Diablosport Trinity T1000 for $1449 shipped to your door. As for gaskets and bolts, I have never had an issue with the ones that come with the headers. 

We can also help you with tuning your vehicle either in the shop or over email. Depending on your willingness to drive we can do the header install and tuning all in one stop.

Let me know your thoughts!

I did not see that as an option with my order from AA so I did not list them.  The only gaskets I could find is BBK brand and I am still unable to decide/locate the header bolts I want to buy.  

Use Mopar OEM exhaust gaskets and bolts,