Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

carlosM36

Headlight Question

So i recently bought my 2015 dodge charger, it had regular halogen headlights so i wanted to switch to to (HID its what i had in mind). When i was ta the shop getting my window tints done, i asked the guy about hids and he said that they had (LEDs) wich was better than HIDs, it did sound better. So decided to put LEDs intead of HIDs. Long story short i barely get any light output from these LEDs, i van barely see any of the road at night, so i went back and i told they guy and he still said that HIDs would give me less light output, so im still stuck with LEDs. My question is if there is any better option or has anyone switched frm halogen to HIDs/LEDs and get good light output? links or pics are apreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is up, both LED and HID should be brighter then your stock lamps.  first thing I would do is get your money back from the guy for the LEDs.

Something does not sound right and could be an install issue or a cheap knockoff product and not quality LED or HID products.   Make sure these are not the cheap china versions and get yourself a good set of LEDs.  CarID sells a good set for about $150.  

I paid 150 for the LEDs and installation, another thing, i read that ghe 2015 charger modle goves you an error due to the computer being diferent, could that happen with LEDs amd make then flicker?

If these are simply plug and play kits, which all good LED kits should be.  There should be no flickering.   Because some kits don't compensate for less resistance (which now throws off your can bus or makes the computer do weird things, including flickering), people or installers try and to make up for this less resistance by adding hi wattage resisters in line.

I would also check to see if the kit you purchased uses CREE LEDs.  These are now the standard in high quality LEDs and or  "Bright" output.   They also make a LED anti flicker kit that helps with this issues (tricks the computer into thinking you still have your old factory lamps).

I know they sell them for Jeeps as one of the Jeep owners at our local car shows had all sorts of problems with his late model Jeep Wrangler until he purchased these add on kit for his headlamps. 

Idk if its CREE LEDs, (i dont think they are). And i know they had to ad a relay harness to each of the LEDs cuz supostly the car wasshutting off the power to tye leds, idk why but they had to, so now they lights flicker like once evey 20-30 mins.