Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJhamitlon

Nc Members

Hey guys I'm part of a club here in NC but it would seem they are not very active, matter of fact they haven't done an event or meet and greet since I joined a few months ago, I've meet ONE other member this whole time!!

So what I'm suggesting, let's all get together one weekend. Let's communicate and scedule our own event, if nothing more than getting together and meeting each other, showing off our cars, eat lunch or dinner together....something!! I was a member of a small local mustang club years back and we used to do something at least once a month. Part of the fun is meeting people with the same intrest, learning stuff, helping each other out, swapping/buying/selling parts between us.

So I'm actually near Campbell University in Harnett County, you Raleigh, Apex, Fayettville all you NC guys everywhere, let's brainstorm something up. If you have a connection for maybe a charity, mention it. I want to meet some people and do more than type on a keyboard!! Somebody around my area need some help installing some headers, exhaust, blower or you need a new alternator...I may not be a certified mechanic but I can help turn a wrench or at minimal give moral support!!

What at you guys think!!??? Post here, PM or email me JJHamilton79@gmail or what the hell call or text me 919-649-6149!

We do meet once a year. We eat together and get drunk together. We race against one another and compete in a car show together. We bullshit together and some even call me slow together. We are from all parts of the continent ( can't forget about the Canada , ehh)so some even travel together.

It's called challengerfest and is organized by one hell of a guy and sponsored by the best vendors in the Hemi Community. If you EVER need anything for your car I highly recommend using one of them instead of someone who doesn't sponsor it. Because without our sponsors and vendors the event wouldn't be as great as it's grown to be. Come check it out. There's only 237 days to go. Make plans today!!

In the mean time sit back and enjoy the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do meet once a year. We eat together and get drunk together. We race against one another and compete in a car show together. We bullshit together and some even call me slow together. We are from all parts of the continent ( can't forget about the Canada , ehh)so some even travel together.

It's called challengerfest and is organized by one hell of a guy and sponsored by the best vendors in the Hemi Community. If you EVER need anything for your car I highly recommend using one of them instead of someone who doesn't sponsor it. Because without our sponsors and vendors the event wouldn't be as great as it's grown to be. Come check it out. There's only 237 days to go. Make plans today!!

In the mean time sit back and enjoy the forum

That's all fine and good, and I do plan on making the event at some point and much more than what I'm trying to accomplish. But I'm trying to do something local and more often, not as much flare or expense.

The car scene used to more active than it is now, the big events are great but it's cool to have local meets. If i can enough intrest we may be able to get the drag strip I. Fayettville to let us set up something, along with some other possible support. And I'm sure some charities could use some support

JJ, there is  car show / cruise in almost every weekend in the myrtle Beach area, some small 30-60 cars, some large. One classic car show gets about 6,000 cars, this weekend its Mopars at the Beach (600 cars), we just had Mustang week 5,000 cars (which i crash every year), also a vette week.,

we get 3 bike weeks every year.

Get some folks from west/north NC and plan an overnight trip down to Myrtle Beach. OR you can put together a 2 day cruise to Charleston or Savannah which i will do this fall. 

I intended to contact you after Detroit anyway.  CK B)

JJ, there is car show / cruise in almost every weekend in the myrtle Beach area, some small 30-60 cars, some large. One classic car show gets about 6,000 cars, this weekend its Mopars at the Beach (600 cars), we just had Mustang week 5,000 cars (which i crash every year), also a vette week.,

we get 3 bike weeks every year.

Get some folks from west/north NC and plan an overnight trip down to Myrtle Beach. OR you can put together a 2 day cruise to Charleston or Savannah which i will do this fall.

I intended to contact you after Detroit anyway. CK B)

Good info, had no idea there was that many events there. I'll be around when your back, my wife asked if we were still possibly going down just the other day

I see a relationship forming

Don't be jealous, you can contact me too! lol

Deep South Mopars used to have a pretty active bunch in NC. I don't know if that site is even still around.

Found the website but they have disabled registration, so I'm assuming it's dissolved. Thanks for the info though!