Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

El Diablo

My New Cat Got Run Over.

51 posts in this topic

Last Saturday night an elderly gentlemen decided to back up almost 3 truck lengths and managed to hit the front fender, door & rim on my new HellCat Challenger. I walked out of the store and said "You have got to be shitting me" ! I parked literally half way across the parking lot for this very reason, well kiss my ass ! I mean dam, the car is a giant orange parking cone !

20160806_223950.jpg

20160806_224004.jpg

20160806_225411.jpg

I know you wanted to puke when you looked at that...sorry!

To say the least Bro ! It's a dam good thing it was an elderly gentleman that was extremely apologetic, he was dam near in tears. If it had been some young smart ass I would probably still be in jail. lol

Damn that's fucked up k.

About how my luck normally goes Cam. lol

Ya I got that same kind of luck Kenny. Back in the late 80's I had a brand new K5 blazer. I was building a pool for a buddy who lived in the hills on a really steep road. So it's plaster day and I was parked maybe 20ft behind the plaster truck with my wheels turned into the curb. We get done and that truck couldn't get going up the hill and they ask me to move so they can back down to get a running start. So just as I round the corner headed that way the driver starts reving the truck, grinds it into gear, and dumps the clutch.

Turns out the fucker had it in reverse and WAM! Took out the entire front end plus folded the suspension over. My fast walk became a full on run cause I'm gonna beat this dicks ass and literally right as I get to the truck out pops a 60yr old man apologizing like crazy. Took all the wind right out of me. :(

Damn, sorry to hear that Kenny!!! Good thing he was elderly & you were nearly in shock cause that could have gone bad real quick my friend!!! Good luck with the repairs.

Dame, that blows.

Something to think about for you ... dismissed value claim.

If this hits the carfax report, or even if it doesn't, you could be looking at ~10% value loss, regardless of light the damage, due to paint work.

DV claims are prime for low mileage, high value cars that sustain damage.

Just WOW!!!!!    How can you hit something that bright orange..........................Oh wait she was acting like a light beacon and the guy would not take his eyes off of her until he got really close.  The siren call of the Challenger strikes again.  :wacko:

I feel for you and your Hellcat.  It sucks big time when you take good care of her and someone else is negligent.  But at least he stayed there and did not drive away like a lot of people would.  My mother did this to me years ago with my 626 Turbo.  I parked in the driveway where I always did and she just backed up without even looking.  Crashed right into the front fender and side.  I was pissed but how can you get really mad at your Mother. 

Just WOW!!!!!    How can you hit something that bright orange..........................Oh wait she was acting like a light beacon and the guy would not take his eyes off of her until he got really close.  The siren call of the Challenger strikes again.  :wacko:

I feel for you and your Hellcat.  It sucks big time when you take good care of her and someone else is negligent.  But at least he stayed there and did not drive away like a lot of people would.  My mother did this to me years ago with my 626 Turbo.  I parked in the driveway where I always did and she just backed up without even looking.  Crashed right into the front fender and side.  I was pissed but how can you get really mad at your Mother. 

Hell, it was a whole week old! I don't think driving away was an option as Monica was in the car and although she is pretty shy, she would have likely had something to say about it. :)

Hell, it was a whole week old! I don't think driving away was an option as Monica was in the car and although she is pretty shy, she would have likely had something to say about it. :)

I owned it for 19 days actually with 274 miles on it. Really Chuck, Monica shy ? If that guy would have tried to drive off she would have climbed thru the driver side window of that truck and knocked him up side his head. lol  Hell in high school he got the nick name of Cassius Clay because she was in fights so much. 

Dropped the Cat off at the Vet today, they said if there weren't any hold ups on parts they would have it done in a week. :D

I'm having withdraws already, refused to drive it all bent up and the wheel vibrating. lol

Checked on the car yesterday, they haven't started on it yet. They did get all the parts in, starting on it Monday and should have it ready to pick up Friday. :)

How much was the estimate on that K?

Tuesday while sitting in my truck in a parking lot with nooooooo one even close to me and dozens upon dozens of open spot everywhere this cock sucker decides to park right up against my passenger side. When he pulled in the first time he was inches away from my door. Then the fucker backed up so he could get closer and took out my front door. He then decided he should take off, but guess the POS didn't know I was sitting in my truck. He was more then a bit surprised when I jumped out.

The shit didn't totally hit the fan until he said...don't turn it into the insurance, I have a guy. That's when I told him if he didn't leave NOW I'd shove his head through his gawd damn window.

Fucking gook muther fucker barely spoke engrish to really add to the ordeal.

How much was the estimate on that K?

Tuesday while sitting in my truck in a parking lot with nooooooo one even close to me and dozens upon dozens of open spot everywhere this cock sucker decides to park right up against my passenger side. When he pulled in the first time he was inches away from my door. Then the fucker backed up so he could get closer and took out my front door. He then decided he should take off, but guess the POS didn't know I was sitting in my truck. He was more then a bit surprised when I jumped out.

The shit didn't totally hit the fan until he said...don't turn it into the insurance, I have a guy. That's when I told him if he didn't leave NOW I'd shove his head through his gawd damn window.

Fucking gook muther fucker barely spoke engrish to really add to the ordeal.

Dammit Cam ! Well I finally got my point across that they weren't even going to attempt repairing the rim and must replace it with a new one, I got an estimate of $2475 from the body shop. The estimate from the ins. adjuster was $1685, and I knew that was to low right off the bat. It looked a lot worse than it was. The body guy pulled the front fender out where the door would open, when he did that the hood shifted back over and was dam near perfectly straight. The hood doesn't even have a scratch on the edges, it was against the rubber bumpers. So basically they are replacing the front fender, HC emblem, inner fender liner, wheel, and some weather stripping at the edge of the door, they will have to paint the new fender, repair the front edge of the door, clear coat the door, fender, and hood to blend in the pearl clear coat. The paint guy seems pretty confident he can match it close enough that its not noticeable, hopefully he's right.

Sure hope it comes out right! In some ways, I usually feel better getting the inevitable out f the way. When mine was new, and I tried like hell to stay away from everyone seems like everything was after it. Used the PDR guys a few times but since then no real issues.