Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

El Diablo

My New Cat Got Run Over.

51 posts in this topic

Sure hope it comes out right! In some ways, I usually feel better getting the inevitable out f the way. When mine was new, and I tried like hell to stay away from everyone seems like everything was after it. Used the PDR guys a few times but since then no real issues.

I sure hope like hell I'm done with the inevitable !

I would have figured more with how they price shit now a days.  It sure sounds like you got a good body guy, I hope he comes through for ya bud.  

I would have figured more with how they price shit now a days.  It sure sounds like you got a good body guy, I hope he comes through for ya bud.  

Body shop manager & painter are both old hotrod guys so they know what I expect, I'm pretty confident they will get it right.

Did the guy that hit your truck have insurance ? So have you taken your truck for an estimate yet ?

Wow, I'd have thought a lot more than $2400 Kenny.  Glad it's not too bad.

Any word on the diminished value stuff?  My rear bumper deal on the Z was an $800 repair (remove, prep, paint), and I got more than that in addition for diminished value.  It did show up on Carfax as "minor rear end damage" I think is how they reported it.  With it being classified "minor" Carmax and others weren't really concerned about it when I was selling the car, but they did ask about it.

Body shop manager & painter are both old hotrod guys so they know what I expect, I'm pretty confident they will get it right.

Did the guy that hit your truck have insurance ? So have you taken your truck for an estimate yet ?

Cool on the shop.

Well his insurance card was over a year expired. So I had taken all kinds of pictures plus all his info. He also had the insurance company as me. So I figured if that didn't check out my next call was to my buddies at the local PD. turns out his insurance was current but no I haven't gotten anything done yet.

Btw, it left about a 18" long crease in the door. The paint damage sticks out like a sore thumb, but you can only see the crease when the lighting is perfect. I expect this will end up being a PITA getting it fixed properly.

The timing of this is spot on for me. My dad passed away last Saturday. I was at the train station when this happened Tuesday morning picking up one of my sisters. Considering the events that have occurred over the previous 5 weeks leading up to his demise. This fuck nuts was exceptionally lucky it didn't get ugly.

Wow, I'd have thought a lot more than $2400 Kenny.  Glad it's not too bad.

Any word on the diminished value stuff?  My rear bumper deal on the Z was an $800 repair (remove, prep, paint), and I got more than that in addition for diminished value.  It did show up on Carfax as "minor rear end damage" I think is how they reported it.  With it being classified "minor" Carmax and others weren't really concerned about it when I was selling the car, but they did ask about it.

Just got the official quote from the body shop Friday, attorney sent it to them today and is supposed to get back to me tomorrow.

Cool on the shop.

Well his insurance card was over a year expired. So I had taken all kinds of pictures plus all his info. He also had the insurance company as me. So I figured if that didn't check out my next call was to my buddies at the local PD. turns out his insurance was current but no I haven't gotten anything done yet.

Btw, it left about a 18" long crease in the door. The paint damage sticks out like a sore thumb, but you can only see the crease when the lighting is perfect. I expect this will end up being a PITA getting it fixed properly.

The timing of this is spot on for me. My dad passed away last Saturday. I was at the train station when this happened Tuesday morning picking up one of my sisters. Considering the events that have occurred over the previous 5 weeks leading up to his demise. This fuck nuts was exceptionally lucky it didn't get ugly.

Oh wow ! :( Hate to hear of your dad passing. Good luck getting the truck fixed to your satisfaction, it can be PIA !

Stopped by and checked on the Cat today, they will be shooting the paint in the morning. From what I could tell the little body work they had to do on the edge of the door looks real good, proof will be when the paint is on it.

New rim cam in today, will be dropping it off tomorrow so they can mount the tire & balance it.

The body shop manager called the PPG paint rep about getting the right paint, The PPG rep will be there in the morning to actually mix the paint, sealer & pearl coat in the morning.

Stopped by to check on the car today, the door was the part I was worried about the most and it looks great. The only problem, for some reason the pearl clear coat seems light on the fender but the door matches the quarter panel perfect !

Soooo they are having the PPG rep come back out in the morning with some kind of camera rig that measures the pearl in the paint, said they will probably pull the fender back off and re shoot the pearl clear coat. :wacko:

Dealt with the insurance company for several hours back & forth on the phone, I finally got pissed :angry: , got very stern and raised my voice talking to the adjuster about the rim. They finally agreed to pay for a new rim :D , they wanted to repair it (estimate $156 ), told them from day one that shit wasn't happening !

Told her I would be running this car next month at speeds of 170 + mph and if they were willing to sign a waiver saying they took full responsibility if I crashed due to an issue with a repaired rim I would accept it. She talked to her manager, called me back in 5 minutes, said the check for the new rim would be in the mail today. :D

Monday we start working on the diminished value claim, should be interesting, I can't wait ! lol

Supposed to have the car ready tomorrow, fingers crossed !

If I dont get some miles on it I'm not going to run it at the Texas Mile, I'll just spectate once again.

Supposed to have the car ready tomorrow, fingers crossed !

If I dont get some miles on it I'm not going to run it at the Texas Mile, I'll just spectate once again.

Last count they have 10 spots left!!!

Last count they have 10 spots left!!!

Yeah I got that email, unfortunately! If I get the car picked up today there is no way I will have enuff miles on it in time to run at the TX Mile.

Pretty sure we are still going but I will be spectating again :( , Just means I will have to go back in April. :D

How many miles do you need before you can flat foot that thing for a mile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on having at least 2000 miles on it and the first oil change done, that's not going to happen in time for the Oct event.

But I did get the car back today, looks great. But of course it was raining on & off today so I didn't get to play.

How's the paint match turn out Kenny? I finally went to the body shop with mine last week and they're talking a complete respray of the door and blend into the fender, but nothing about the back door. I'm fucking scared :o

Paint turned out great ! I saw it when they just had color on the door & fender and the orange was a perfect match. Pearl clear coat kicked thier ass. They had to pull the fender back off, sand the clear down, samething on the door and respray them a second time to get the pearl right.

But it turned out very good.