Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Bobbi

26 posts in this topic

Phil Mitchell posted on Facebook Bobbi Boatner Kimak passed away last night. Someone else said she was hit by a drunk driver. I am in total shock, she was sucha super nice person.

She was the first person I met in the Ohio /Canada caravan at CF2 and made me feel so welcome. Part of the family. I can't believe it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I was told was they were on thier way back to the hotel at Road Kill Nights. A drunk woman T-boned them, not sure if Bobbi had a heart attack or possibly broke her neck and passed on. Ken is in shock, all I know at this point.

Soooo very sad, both fantastic people.

This pic was yesterday.

post-4186-0-64842400-1471699933_thumb.jpeg

:(

I met her @ Norwalk a few years ago, what a beautiful and kind person. Prayers for Ken and family.

Alan, if you call for a donation collection, I'm in, just email me a paypal request.

Very sad. My wife and I met Bobbi and her husband on the way to CF2. I was always impressed by what Bobbi accomplished with her HEMI. Big loss for our community.

May she rest in peace. No doubt she will find a way to rip up the asphalt in heaven.

Stephen and Wei

Jesus.  Words can't capture how awful this is.  Bobbi was amazing and one of the most welcoming and nice people on and off the track.  My heart and condolences go out to Kent and family.  

John, Kate and I were unable to attend Hemi'nsanity Detroit.

I was texting with Josh for the news of Road Kill Nights. I saw Ken was an alternate, a spot to be very proud of.

At first normal info was coming. I had sent a text about Ken, because I heard a 426 car won, but that was incorrect.

Josh replied asking me a question, a long pause then the next text was the very sad news of the accident and Bobbie had died.

I had been looking around for info and I had just seen the picture of Bobbie and Ken, this I think was probably at the same time of the accident.

I recall, looking at the picture I was thinking how happy she is and I knew she was proud of Ken.

What an amazing couple.

They've been racing together since the 70's. She loved telling those stories and even showing pictures of the "old days" she really loved beating Ken's times. Bobbie just really enjoyed other women racing and winning against the guys!

In the background during some of her medical problems, I had encouraged her to get well....Cheering her on for her to be able to get back to racing and reach her goal. To run a 10.xx 1/4 ET. I wasn't there to see her run when she got the 10.xx pass, but I got a text right away from her letting me know. WTG Bobbie!!!

I did finally get to see her run a 10.xx run and her face was like all of ours get, maybe more than some. The excitement in her eyes, smiling ear to ear because we all get when we hit our goal.

When I first met Bobbie at Atco 2011 she was fast to make friends with me. My FF was built to run a 10.0 I was new to drag racing, and I ran 11's. She told me watching from the stands she wanted to cry for me. lol

She also asked me if she could drive my car. She had wanted to make a 10 second pass for a long time. I can't tell you how many times over the years she talked to me about her wanting to run a 10.xx pass.

Her racing skills and what was going on at the races, who was placing where, Bobbie always kept up with the entire days news. If you wanted to know something about what was going on, most likely she had the answer.

You know, Bobbie had a wonderful last day of life doing something she loved Best......Racing with her Loving husband. Just look how happy and proud she is in the picture. Seeing her racing friends.

I'm trully glad for her. Not everyone gets that.

I hope everyone still up there in Detroit, can have some kind of peace today and all of us too.

We are going to be missing one of our Great Ladie's in our small Hemi world.

At the track,I know I'm going to Greatly Miss Bobbie's Enthusiasm, Knowledge, Encouragement to "Us" girls and her love for Racing!

Take Care,

Linda

Such terrible news...I met them at CF3 and was amazed with her Tenacity and her award winning smile on and off the track. RIP Bobbi and prayers to Ken and his family.

There was no-one more competitive than Bobbi, but also no-one more supportive to every racer she met.  She will be missed.  RIP Bobbi.  Ken, recover quickly, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Devastating news.  Prayers to Ken and the family.

Bobbi helped run the racing way back at CF2 and had attended all but one event I believe.  I remember her racing her V6 when she first had that.  I'll sure miss seeing her hanging out in the lobby.  Linda hits on a positive note that at least she spent her last day doing something she absolutely loved.